How does Grial achieve the same UI style on all platforms?

I have an issue on Xamarin Forms where you cannot "style" your UI components the same way like when using WebView. Upon seeing Grial, they achieve this kind of looks and functionality which is common to all platforms. For example:

Tagged:

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

I have an issue on Xamarin Forms where you cannot "style" your UI components

XAML supports style. Here's a tutorial
    https://redpillxamarin.com/2016/12/23/203-now-for-the-left-foot/

Uh... Not sure what the problem is. That is sort of the point of using Xamarin: That you build everything at the PCL layer so it is going to look the same on all platforms. Sometimes we tweek a little here and there to get even closer to identical: For example might have a size 20 font on android and size 22 on iOS. We did a custom control for Button so they would always be totally square on all platforms and not inherit the overhead of the OS style.

But essentially its nothing special to make all the platforms look the same. If you could be more specific about the issues you're running into maybe someone can help.

• blendedcoffeeblendedcoffee USMember

@ClintStLaurent said:

I have an issue on Xamarin Forms where you cannot "style" your UI components

XAML supports style. Here's a tutorial
    https://redpillxamarin.com/2016/12/23/203-now-for-the-left-foot/

Uh... Not sure what the problem is. That is sort of the point of using Xamarin: That you build everything at the PCL layer so it is going to look the same on all platforms. Sometimes we tweek a little here and there to get even closer to identical: For example might have a size 20 font on android and size 22 on iOS. We did a custom control for Button so they would always be totally square on all platforms and not inherit the overhead of the OS style.

But essentially its nothing special to make all the platforms look the same. If you could be more specific about the issues you're running into maybe someone can help.

Thanks for your time and effort. Btw, my issue right now is currently the forms, buttons are pretty different on iOS and Android platform. At last I want to make it the same as much as possible.