The debugger is not properly installed. Cannot debug the requested type of code. After update

BobisbackBobisback USUniversity ✭✭

Hey All,

So I just updated my Xamarin forms project to the latest 2.3.3.193 and I updated my support libraries for android. As part of this update I ended up going over the 65k limit of the references. To solve this I enabled mutidexing. Now the app deploys and builds fine but I get the following error.

The debugger is not properly installed. Cannot debug the requested type of code. Run setup to install or repair the debugger. at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsDebugger4.LaunchDebugTargets4(UInt32 DebugTargetCount, VsDebugTargetInfo4[] pDebugTargets, VsDebugTargetProcessInfo[] pLaunchResults) at Xamarin.VisualStudio.Android.Debugging.NativeDebugLauncher.StartDebugger(SoftDebuggerSession session, StartInfo startInfo) in C:\d\lanes\4033\4d2ed3d4\source\xamarinvs\src\Core\VisualStudio.Android\Debugging\NativeDebugLauncher.cs:line 49 at Mono.Debugging.VisualStudio.MonoDebuggerLauncher.StartSession(StartInfo startInfo, SoftDebuggerSession session) at Xamarin.VisualStudio.Android.CommandHandlers.DebugCommandHandler.StartDebugger(IProgressReport progress, IAndroidProjectProperties properties, AndroidDevice device, String package, String activity, Project project) in C:\d\lanes\4033\4d2ed3d4\source\xamarinvs\src\Core\VisualStudio.Android\CommandHandlers\DebugCommandHandler.cs:line 106 at Xamarin.VisualStudio.Android.CommandHandlers.DebugCommandHandler.Execute(DebugCommand command, IProgressReport progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) in C:\d\lanes\4033\4d2ed3d4\source\xamarinvs\src\Core\VisualStudio.Android\CommandHandlers\DebugCommandHandler.cs:line 60 at Xamarin.VisualStudio.Commands.CommandHandlerBase1.Execute(TCommand command, CancellationToken cancellationToken) in C:\d\lanes\4033\4d2ed3d4\source\xamarinvs\src\Core\VisualStudio\Commands\CommandHandlerBase.cs:line 66 Xamarin.VisualStudio.UnhandledExceptionsManager|Error|0|An unhandled error occurred. Details: Unable to start program 'app_proces'.

I have tried repairing visual studio it did not help. Anyone have any ideas?