MVVM Light NavigationService.Configure overload

Michael_ShapiroMichael_Shapiro USMember ✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking for help using the third overload for the NavigationService.Configure method:

NavigationService.Configure(string key, Func<object, UIViewController> createAction)

Have you ever used it? If anyone can provide an example that would be great.

Thank you,
mike

Best Answer

Answers

• Michael_ShapiroMichael_Shapiro USMember ✭✭✭

@KratiChauhan - thank you very much! I actually did a lot of testing and came up with the same use case for this overload. I am truly glad you provided your use of it as well.

The funny part is that I was not looking at this third overload to solve the navigation between different story boards:) I initially was trying to find a way to control how a view is being shown when user navigate from view to view. I use the mvvm light's NavigateTo method in my ViewModel layer. I am on screenA and when some condition is met my viewmodel for this screen calls NavigateTo(screenB). It all works fine, and the screenB shows up in a a regular way by appearing/sliding from right edge towards the left edge. I was looking for a way to somehow control how the destination screen is appearing when calling the NavigateTo method. Unfortunately I could not find anything that would help aside of changing the source code of the mvvm light :(