Xamarin VS update 4.3.0.795 fails to install

Hello,

I wanted to point this out, in case others are running into this. I saw the update today and went to install it. However, with Visual Studio Community 2015, trying to install Xamarin VS update 4.3.0.795 throws an error:

This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ChristianSvrdChristianSvrd SEMember ✭✭✭

same error for me, I thought it is because of a corrupted download!

• AlanClarkAlanClark USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@ZacharyWenta @ChristianSvrd - Depechie's suggestion is what I'd go with. Please try that. Failing that please DM me for a direct link!

@Depechie Thanks for bringing this to my attention :)

• Programmer16Programmer16 USMember ✭✭

Depechie's answer worked for me, thank you good sir

• @Depechie said:
    Try deleting things in C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\MonoDevelop-4.0\Cache\TempDownload

Did the job. Thanks

• ChristianSvrdChristianSvrd SEMember ✭✭✭

Thanks @Depechie

• Thanks, it worked

• BasuBasu USMember ✭✭

@Depechie said:
    Try deleting things in C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\MonoDevelop-4.0\Cache\TempDownload

Thanx @Depechie its working

• chukachuka NGMember

Hi Guys,

Did not work for me. Please is there another solution?

• Programmer16Programmer16 USMember ✭✭

@chuka said:
    Hi Guys,

Try closing VS, then delete all files in that folder above, then try re-opening VS and installing the update

• chukachuka NGMember

@Programmer17 said:

@chuka said:
    Hi Guys,

Try closing VS, then delete all files in that folder above, then try re-opening VS and installing the update

Thanks @Programmer17 for your replay. I worked for Workbook and Inspector install but the xamarin update kept failing.

• AlanClarkAlanClark USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@chuka Are you still having issues with this?

• chukachuka NGMember

no @AlanClark . Its ok now. A new heavier update downloaded and installed successfully. Thank you.

• nvbnvbnvbnvb DEMember ✭✭

I'm having the issue of fails to install for Xamarin 4.5.0.476. Using VS Community 2015. Before-mentioned solution didn't work for me. My current Xamarin is 4.5.0.475.

• MascheraMaschera ITMember ✭✭
    edited June 2017

Hi guys, same issue here. Tried @Programmer17 suggestion but still not working. @AlanClark can you help please? I need the latest version of Xamarin for VS2015. Thanks!

[UPDATE] - Solved
    I just solved this way:
    1) Close all VS instances
    2) Delete files in C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\MonoDevelop-4.0\Cache\TempDownload
    3) Restart the PC and download again. Without restarting the PC it will not work and will keep giving you the error.

Thanks

• DougStephens.4260DougStephens.4260 USMember ✭✭
    edited June 2017

@AlanClark I am having the same issue with version 4.5.0.486 installing in VS2015. I have tried the steps above including restarting windows after deleting the files from the Cache directory. Is there anything else to try? I receive the same error when running the msi from the TempDownload directory.

[UPDATE]
    I downloaded the version from the Xamarin download page and was able to successfully install.

Thanks,
    Doug