Not seeing XamarinVS 4.3.0.789 update in VS2017?

ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

100 times I have checked in Tools -> Extensions and Updates -> Updates -> Product Updates. I don't see any updates to Xamarin 4.3.0.784 in VS2017.

I have a VS2015 install too but I could update there.

My Mac has got the update. So when I try to debug an iOS app, the Xamarin versions are different. So far I have not got any new issues due to this but that is not correct.

So how to get the Xamarin in VS2017 updated?

Best Answer

• DominicNDominicN US Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

@ShantimohanElchuri - 4.3.0.784 is currently the highest version of Xamarin available for Visual Studio 2017.

The old stable, beta, alpha channel model has changed in Visual Studio 2017. If you're interested in newer versions of Xamarin for Visual Studio, you'll need to use the Visual Studio 2017 Preview.

We are working to unify the experience moving forward. For more information, see this article and continue to monitor our release blog for additional updates on new releases.

Answers

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@ShantimohanElchuri,

Could you post the version of Xamarin you have installed for VS 2017 currently?

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

The first line in my question mentions it...v 4.3.0.784.

• DominicNDominicN USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai
    Accepted Answer

@ShantimohanElchuri - 4.3.0.784 is currently the highest version of Xamarin available for Visual Studio 2017.

The old stable, beta, alpha channel model has changed in Visual Studio 2017. If you're interested in newer versions of Xamarin for Visual Studio, you'll need to use the Visual Studio 2017 Preview.

We are working to unify the experience moving forward. For more information, see this article and continue to monitor our release blog for additional updates on new releases.

edited March 2017

@DominicN Thanks for the explanation. I was worried since the X4VS 2015 is at v 789. As long as iOS projects work, I have no issue with it.

Actually I missed the notes about VS2017...

Since Apple released updates to both iOS and Mac OS, I think there would be a new X4VS now...

• EsamSherifEsamSherif EGUniversity ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Check this post to update xamarin for visual studio mannually
    https://releases.xamarin.com/category/xamarin-for-visual-studio/

Now im running the following:
    Xamarin for visual studio 4.3.795 (on visual studio 2017)
    Xamarin.iOS SDK 10.6.0.9 (on visual studio 2017)
    Xcode 8.3 on mac
    Xamarin.iOS SDK 10.6.0.10 (on mac)

@EsamSherif ThanQ...for the info. I will check it out.