How can I use it?

EnricoRossiniEnricoRossini USMember ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
I've installed Xamarin Profiler but I don't have any option on the Run menu and any option to enable it in my project options.

Tagged:

Answers

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@EnricoRossini,

Start here with the walkthrough: https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/cross-platform/profiler/walkthrough_-_using_the_xamarin_profiler/

The settings for enabling profiling of debug builds are under the iOS Build menu. Can you verify that this is checked?

• EnricoRossiniEnricoRossini USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

Thanks @JohnMiller I saw that link but for example I don't have under Run an option for Xamarin Profiler.

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@EnricoRossini

I doubled checked and I was wrong! The settings for Enabling Profiling are under the iOS Debug menu as you originally noted - sorry about the confusion!

The profiler requires Enterprise licenses for Visual Studio. If you are not logged into a Microsoft Account that has this Visual Studio license level the options do not appear.

I hope that helps!

• EnricoRossiniEnricoRossini USMember ✭✭✭✭

Thanks @JohnMiller. I'm using Xamarin Studio at the moment. I noticed now the new option Account in the menu where I can login with my Microsoft account and then in the Run menu Start Profiling is appearing.