Bindgins Library confusion

I want to know if I am going about this the right way.

I was having way too much trouble in creating a bindings library in VS, too many errors and warnings. I was also having trouble managing the references for the project (i.e. which should be JARs, which NuGet, or which .NET assemblies).

I thought it would be much easier to create my own JAR that just exposes the methods in the SDK I want to use.

I did that. Created a JAR library in Android Studio that references the SDK AAR I want to use. I then create a bindings library for my JAR, and add the AAR as a reference (LibraryProjectZip).

But when I try to use this bindings library, I get a Java ClassNotFoundException where my JAR tries to make a call to the SDK.

What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• BillHolmesBillHolmes USXamarin Team Xamurai

What library are you attempting to bind? It may be one I have seen.

You approach is a good one. Encapsulating the library with yours is a good way to reduce the surface area of the API and reduce the binding work.

I am going to guess that your app is missing the sdk jar that you are attempting to wrap and bind. If it is a jar file(s) you can add the jar to your binding project and set the build action to embedded reference jar.

• Abdul.3549Abdul.3549 USMember

Can, any one please share the tutorial or any link to learn binding library..