Android theme is not working properly with option "Automatic -use target framework version (API 25)"

linxurplinxurp CHUniversity

It seems like Xamarin is not using the right theme if the Target SDK is automatically selected by Xamarin Studio.

I created an example project that uses the Material design with DrawerLayout and AppBarLayout and specified the statusBarColor as transparent. No matter what application theme I specify, the status bar of the application remains dark(black background). However, if I specify the target SDK in the project's options or directly in the manifest and override the value to target the API 25, the status bar gets the correct color(based on the colorPrimary / colorAccent etc).

Is this behaviour intended? I would expect having the same behaviour when the value is specified in the options and when the target SDK is chosen automatically(as the select automatically option is showing that the API 25 is the target).

Answers

• JonDouglasJonDouglas USXamarin Team, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

Can you provide screenshots as to what works and what doesn't?