SQLite DB vs. App Properties Dictionary for things like User Settings

Are there any pros and cons here, or does it boil down to preference if you want to store something like UserSettings in a class and table for SQLite DB vs. in a class that you can serialize to JSON and store/access via Application.Current.Properties Dictionary?

• FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

@MarkZhukovsky
    If you only want to store a few user settings, I would go with the application properties.
    This is easier and faster to integrate and you will not have additional dependencies (to SQLite) for the future...
    But you have to test, if it works without problems, especially, regarding the platforms you use in your project (if it works e.g. to iOS, that unfortunately don't means, that it also works with the other platforms).
    I had problems when I have used it first with some android devices (especially tablets), but it works now (but I can say nothing to the new windows platforms -> you have to test it, if you want to use it).
    If you have to store a lot of data (including tables / lists) locally, you have to use a local database like SQLite.
    But don't expect to much (it isn't comparable to a real SQL server).
    Hope this helps a bit...