How to add survey curve info to my drawpath image?

louwholouwho USMember ✭✭✭

I can take a survey map line, like “N 06 27 11 E” 488.27, and can come up with 54.87623 -485.1765, that I can then use in a DrawPath. As long as the survey has straight lines, I can complete the polygon. I cannot though draw\complete a drawpath that has any curves in it…because I do not know how convert the information on the survey map to a survey line, and then, add it to the drawing.

For an example there is a piece of land that is almost square, but one of the lines is on the curve of a road, and it connects to a side line that starts on a curve. See Attachments CurvedLine.png for the image of the curved lines, and C1C2Info.png for the info about those curves (C1 and C2, on the curved line image).

First, how do I use the info about the curves to generate the line info that I need, and secondly, how do I then incorporate this line info into the drawpath, so that the lines are all connected? I understand that it might be that I need to look elsewhere for the answer to the first part (where?). Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• louwholouwho USMember ✭✭✭

I have looked at the SkiaSharp samples, and see no examples of arcs. No examples of drawing with them, etc.

I posted elsewhere and was advised to 'file a bug'. How does one do this?

Is there ever going to be a sample\example of using the ArcTo method (even if not using the info I provided) ?

Still looking for help on this.

How do I find a SkiaSharp developer who can help me with this.

• DavidDancyDavidDancy AUMember ✭✭✭✭

@louwho Have you seen this? https://blog.xamarin.com/deep-dive-skiasharp-xamarin-forms/

I think to translate your survey information into arcs you're going to need to do some maths calculations.

For example, from "radius" and "arc length" you can get the arc angle. The "chord bearing" gives you the orientation of the resulting segment of the circle (i.e. a transform you can apply to the arc).

Not quite sure how to understand the "delta" value though, sorry.