Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Async Crypto using System lib

marcfermarcfer BRMember ✭✭

I developed a App for the public company that i work. I did a async crypto using BouncyCastle and works perfect.
But when the code was analised by a third company, they not allowed the App because of the lib BouncyCastle and recomended that changes this to one allowed by Xamarin or Microsoft.
Someone has a example or a suggestion ?

Thanks

Answers

• TonyDTonyD USMember ✭✭✭

What's the context of your using it?

We use bcrypt.net for hashing/salting passwords
    we use TLSv1.2 for client->server comm
    and KeyVaultStorage for storing things locally on the app (not the password though)

• RyanDixonRyanDixon USMember ✭✭✭

Strange that BC is being blocked. Is this part of Apples app verification? I know they can be really picky.
    You can always try using PCLCrypto: https://github.com/AArnott/PCLCrypto
    The API's are pretty similar and I have had no issues getting it past various third parties in the past... Many of which required ridiculous clearance.

• marcfermarcfer BRMember ✭✭

@TonyD said:
    What's the context of your using it?

We use bcrypt.net for hashing/salting passwords
    we use TLSv1.2 for client->server comm
    and KeyVaultStorage for storing things locally on the app (not the password though)

If i tell you, you will try to convince me that i don´t need this. The problem is that i know it, but i have to do this.
    We already use SSL, but they want that i encrypt all the datas. Kick in the as*

@RyanDixon said:
    Strange that BC is being blocked. Is this part of Apples app verification? I know they can be really picky.
    You can always try using PCLCrypto: https://github.com/AArnott/PCLCrypto
    The API's are pretty similar and I have had no issues getting it past various third parties in the past... Many of which required ridiculous clearance.

The PCLCrypto i will have the same problem... i know that we will not have problems, but the department don´t allow this. Just if a third company tells "We allow and trust the PCLCrypto/BouncyCastle and will not have problems if use this".

So, i am looking for a encryption using dependency injection and just the biblios from Microsoft. :(