Intellisense for XAML not working

aritoarito USMember

Hi,

I've recently started using Xamarin.Forms with Visual Studio 2013, but I've noticed that intellisense/autocomplete doesn't work when editing a XAML-file. For C#-files it works fine, but I only get a few "standard" options when editing XAML. Is this a known issue or is there some setting I need to change?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• mrvladimirmrvladimir USMember
    edited March 2017

I'm using VS 2015, do I also need to install ReSharper to get intellisense in xaml?

Install ReSharper - its the only way to get effective/meaningful intellisense in Xamairn.

This suggests there is no intellisense in Xamarin without ReSharper, however I do have intellisense in C# files.

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

That's correct.

Of course now 2015 is basically 'the old stuff'. VS2015 won't see any more updates now that VS2017 is public release. Unless you can point to a solid reason to NOT update (like your workplace has tools in place that are dependent on VS2015) you probably want to update. VS2017 is pretty nice and the XAML intellisense is less bad.

I still highly recommend ReSharper. You get a lot for your money there - not just vastly improved intellisense.