Unfortunately, my Application has stopped!!!

FdamraFdamra JOMember ✭✭

one page of my application it contains carousal view it works fine , but sometime when i move between pages i got this error "unfortunately my application has stopped ".
the problem is : when i use emulator this error does not appear, but when i use my real device this happen sometimes.
another note when i debug the application on the real device and when this error appear , application stopped but didn't go back to the code.

any suggestion please ?

Best Answer

• FdamraFdamra JO ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@JohnHardman said:
    @Fdamra - Are you using Xamarin.Insights, HockeyApp, or similar? If so, they will hopefully report details of the exception, including a stack trace.

Also, for Android, in your main activity's OnCreate method, you might want to add handlers for the following:

AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException

TaskScheduler.UnobservedTaskException

AndroidEnvironment.UnhandledExceptionRaiser

Again, by doing so, you will hopefully be able to get more information about what is happening.

i aded these handlers

and it helps me, thanks

Answers

• MommMomm USMember ✭✭✭

What's the platform? Android or iOS? I know that CarouselView causes crashes on iOS 8.0 and 8.1.

• FdamraFdamra JOMember ✭✭

@Momm said:
    What's the platform? Android or iOS? I know that CarouselView causes crashes on iOS 8.0 and 8.1.

it is android

I used android Device Log , i noticed one message in the log before the application stopped , it is NetlinkEvent:FindParam():Parameter 'UID' not found

what is this mean? and how can i know what is cause this issue?

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@Fdamra - Are you using Xamarin.Insights, HockeyApp, or similar? If so, they will hopefully report details of the exception, including a stack trace.

Also, for Android, in your main activity's OnCreate method, you might want to add handlers for the following:

Again, by doing so, you will hopefully be able to get more information about what is happening.

Accepted Answer

@JohnHardman said:

i aded these handlers

and it helps me, thanks