White Screen when running my app in debug mode

Hi,
I am developing a simple app, I am creating a User table in my SQLite db in the AppDelegate.cs file.
But when I run my app in the debug mode via Xamarin Studio, a white screen is shown on the the simulator. This white screen never goes away, and the breakpoint in the AppDelegate.cs are also not hit.
I tried running the app directly from the app icon in the simulator, there it is working fine.
Can anybody please tell me what may be the problem here?

Best Answer

• PreetanshuMishraPreetanshuMishra US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi @JGoldberger , the issue for which you gave the link is not the one I had.
    But I got my issue resolved by cleaning, then deleting all the bin and obj folders, uninstalling the app from the simulator. And then restarter both Xamarin Studio and the Simulator and it worked fine.
    This issue came again two-three times and I did the same and it was resolved. :smile:

Answers

• I had the same issue with the latest Xamarin Studio version. This is annoying.

• BytesGuyBytesGuy GBXamarin Team Xamurai

Which version of Xamarin Studio and Xamarin.iOS are you using? Does this happen with all projects or only specific ones?

• I am using latest Xamarin Studio Community and the latest Xamarin.iOS. And this happens only sometimes, and there are no specific projects with which this happens, it happens with any project and at any given point of time, and it gets resolved automatically. And again after sometime this error shows up.

• LucioMSPLucioMSP MXUniversity ✭✭✭

I had the same issue with Visual Studio 2015.

Output:

03-14 13:28:45.210 D/Mono (13889): [0x99267300] worker finishing
    Thread finished: #3
    The thread 'Unknown' (0x3) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    03-14 13:28:56.540 D/Mono (13889): [0x919b8580] worker finishing
    Thread finished: #4
    The thread 'Unknown' (0x4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    Thread finished: #2
    The thread 'Unknown' (0x2) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    03-14 13:29:28.485 D/ViewRootImpl(13889): ViewPostImeInputStage ACTION_DOWN

can you help me @Preetanshu.Mishra

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@LucioMSP

Hi,

this forum is for Xamarin Studio and Vs for Mac. I would suspect this is a different issue, so could you please post your issue on the Visual Studio Forum? https://forums.xamarin.com/categories/visual-studio

@Preetanshu.Mishra

This is a guess, but I have seen an issue similar to this and it seems to be due to ghost breakpoints likely inserted by the Inspector add-in. See this older bug report:
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=38560

Let me know if you think this may be the same issue. Thanks!

• PreetanshuMishraPreetanshuMishra USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi @JGoldberger , the issue for which you gave the link is not the one I had.
    But I got my issue resolved by cleaning, then deleting all the bin and obj folders, uninstalling the app from the simulator. And then restarter both Xamarin Studio and the Simulator and it worked fine.
    This issue came again two-three times and I did the same and it was resolved. :smile:

• PreetanshuMishraPreetanshuMishra USMember ✭✭

@LucioMSP
    Please check my above comment if your issue is still not resolved.
    And do tell me if you were able to resolve it and how.
    :smile: