With today update I can't deploy on the device

Hi guys,
I've just update Xamarin Studio for Mac and now I can't deploy apps on a device. The error is:

MismatchedApplicationIdentifierEntitlement: Upgrade's application-identifier entitlement string (F3UC5VLD5U.*) does not match installed application's application-identifier string (F3UC5VLD5U.com.portico.myInventories); rejecting upgrade.
error MT1006: Could not install the application '/Users/enricorossini/Projects/myInventories/myInventories/myInventories.iOS/bin/iPhone/Debug/device-builds/ipad6.3-10.2.1/myInventoriesOS.app' on the device 'Enrico’s iPad': AMDeviceSecureInstallApplicationBundle returned: 0xe80000be (kAMDMismatchedApplicationIdentifierEntitlementError).
--- inner exception
Xamarin.Installation.FailedInstallException: AMDeviceSecureInstallApplicationBundle returned: 0xe80000be (kAMDMismatchedApplicationIdentifierEntitlementError)
at Xamarin.Installation.InstallationProxyService.InstallApplicationBundle (System.String app_path, MonoTouch.MobileDevice.ProgressCallback callback, System.String shadow_directory) [0x000f5] in :0
at Xamarin.Launcher.DevController.InstallApplicationBundle (Xamarin.Hosting.RealDevice d, Xamarin.Hosting.AppBundle bundle, System.String shadow_directory) [0x0003d] in :0
at Xamarin.Launcher.DevController+c__async0+c__AnonStorey9.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in :0
at Xamarin.Hosting.RealDevice.ExecuteWithSession (System.Action action) [0x0000e] in <26d23b8a977048db99c7be2b68926132>:0
at Xamarin.Launcher.DevController+c__async0.MoveNext () [0x000c2] in :0
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at Xamarin.Utils.NSRunLoopExtensions.RunUntilTaskCompletion (Foundation.NSRunLoop this, System.Threading.Tasks.Task task) [0x00070] in <26d23b8a977048db99c7be2b68926132>:0

at Xamarin.Launcher.DevController.InstallApplication (System.String device_name, System.String device_type, System.String app_path) [0x00166] in :0

at Xamarin.Launcher.DevController.InstallApplication (System.String device_name, System.String device_type, System.String app_path) [0x001cb] in :0
at Xamarin.Launcher.Driver.Main2 (System.String[] args) [0x009db] in :0
at Xamarin.Launcher.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00074] in :0

Application could not be uploaded to the device.

What does it mean? What can I do to fix it? Thanks

Answers

• HelloWorldThereHelloWorldThere USMember ✭✭
    edited March 1

@EnricoRossini
    Hello, any solution for this error..?

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USXamarin Team, University Xamurai

@EnricoRossini @HelloWorldThere WorldThere

Is the app already installed on the device/simulator? If so, try uninstalling it and do a clean and rebuild of your project.

The issue may be that the app was installed using an explicit app ID but now seems to be installing with a wildcard app ID:

MismatchedApplicationIdentifierEntitlement: Upgrade's application-identifier entitlement string (F3UC5VLD5U.*) does not match installed application's application-identifier string (F3UC5VLD5U.com.portico.myInventories); rejecting upgrade.

Alternately, make sure you select the provisioning profile that uses the same explicit App ID as the app originally used, which would seem to be F3UC5VLD5U.com.portico.myInventories

• HelloWorldThereHelloWorldThere USMember ✭✭

@JGoldberger I can confirm, uninstall and rebuild will fix this issue after upgrading the new Xamarin version.

Great, thanks for letting me know!

• EnricoRossiniEnricoRossini USMember ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Thank you for your message. I tried a lot of things but I confirm that you can remove the app and reinstall it usually (USUALLY) is working.

Today a strange problem occurred: I can deploy an app into a device but the application doesn't be updated and start.

@EnricoRossini ,

As that is a different issue, could you start a new thread about it? When you do please provide the explicit steps you used that led up to this issue along with any error messages that you may have received.

• JPBoroJPBoro PHMember ✭✭

Also encountered MismatchedApplicationIdentifierEntitlement: today while trying to build on an iOS device. As @EnricoRossini said, just delete the app on the device and then run it again.

• EliotGEliotG USMember ✭✭

Yes! Uninstalling the app and redeploying fixed it! I kept messing around with the profiles