No Device visible to run and debug cross platform andriod app in Visual studio 2015 community(WIN7 )

I have installed VS 2015 community by offline setup on Windows 7 machine. and I have created one project using cross platform template. While running that application, it gives me debug error and i am not able to see any device on the emulator. Later i have connected my android phone via USB but that phone is also not visible. Can someone help me to run and debug the application.

• SebastianKruseSebastianKruse USMember ✭✭✭

The default Emulators needs Hyper-V wich is only available on Win8 and newer. For the USB-Debugging you need the Google USB Drivers, you can install it with the SDK Manager (Extras \ Android \ Android SDK Manager from the VS2015 menu). The Google USB Driver is listed in the "Extras" category at the bottom. But maybe you should install / setup some emulators because USB debugging is very slow (at least for the deployment progress on startup).

• Thanks...

Can you please let me know how to install emulator which is compatible with VS 2015 community...

• @SebastianKruse said:
    The default Emulators needs Hyper-V wich is only available on Win8 and newer. For the USB-Debugging you need the Google USB Drivers, you can install it with the SDK Manager (Extras \ Android \ Android SDK Manager from the VS2015 menu). The Google USB Driver is listed in the "Extras" category at the bottom. But maybe you should install / setup some emulators because USB debugging is very slow (at least for the deployment progress on startup).

Thanks,

Google USB driver is already installed.. Is there anything i need to check.

• SebastianKruseSebastianKruse USMember ✭✭✭

You can try to create a Emulator with the Emulator Manager form the Extras / Android Menu inside the VS2015. I use Xamarin only on Win10 machines so I dont know how to add Emulators without Hyper-V.