How to import vuforia libraries in Xamarin for Android and iOS

Is there a way to import vuforia libraries todo Augmented Reality Apps for android and iOS in Xamarin?

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no obvious technical reason why you couldn't use them. You would have to create C# bindings for Android and iOS, but that's a reasonably straightforward process. Note that I didn't say "easy", I said "straightforward". :wink: How difficult it is depends on your experience with the process.

• Thank for your inmediate answer. I would like to ask you also if the straightforward way would be getting the vuforia sdk for Android and iOS OR getting the vuforia unitypackage then from some unity proyect get the c# files of vuforia sdk and paste them into xamarin project. What do you think? Thanks in Advance.
  • DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure what's included in the Unity sdk download, but it's likely that they didn't include the source code. Also, I'm not sure how much Unity and Xamarin have diverged. It may be more trouble than it's worth. It wouldn't hurt to take a look, though.

I'd personally start with the native sdks and work through creating the bindings myself, but that's just me.

• Thanks for your quick response, I wasn't be notified of your last comment so I recently read it. Yes that was my opinion also. It would be great to get the vuforia libraries from unity to xamarin, then the AR code in my xamarin project would be work for both, Android and iOS, It just would save several lines of code I could create a core AR code for both. As you said, it wouldn't hurt to take a look So First I would try to make it work with native sdk of vuforia for Android and iOS, then I'd give a try to pass vuforia libs from unity to Xamarin. Thank you for sharing opinion, ideas, etc. :)

• PaulRiehlePaulRiehle USMember ✭✭

Anthony, were you able to successfully get your Vuforia bindings to work?