Language support for Hindi, Thai and Korean. I can't display texts in these languages.

JonAlzaJonAlza ESMember ✭✭

Hello

I am having problems to display texts in these languages. For instance, if I set the Text property like this, when I run the app the labels don't display the text:

this.hindiLabel.Text = languages[0]; // the value is "हिंदी"
this.thaiLabel.Text = languages[1]; // the value is "ไทย"
this.koreanLabel.Text = languages[2]; // the value is "한국어"

I checked it, Text properties are properly set with these strings.

Best Answer

• JonAlzaJonAlza ES ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hello again, I have been busy doing another things but I am developing with Xamarin again. I have installed another Android emulator, in this case 5.0 Lollipop - API 21, and I can these 3 languages in Settings>Language & input>Language. So the emulator was the reason of this problem. Thank you all for trying to help me.

Answers

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@JonAlza - What platform(s) have you tested on? Does it work on any platform?

• JonAlzaJonAlza ESMember ✭✭

@JohnHardman At this moment I am developing only for Android

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@JonAlza
    Does the device itself support those languages? Can you type in those languages in the device's Notepad app?

@JonAlza - What FontFamily are you using, what version of Android, and as @ClintStLaurent asked, can you use those fonts in other apps on that device?

edited February 2017

@ClintStLaurent @JohnHardman

I am using Visual Studio emulator for Android (Kitkat 4.4) . It seem that is supported but it has the same problem?

Maybe it is emulator's problem.

@JonAlza - I am confused. "It seem that is supported but it has the same problem" - are you saying that you can see text in those languages in other apps, or saying that you cannot?

In your code, what FontFamily are you using?

• JulienRosenJulienRosen CAMember ✭✭✭✭

it looks like those 3 languages are not showing up in the list. you can see that there are 3 empty rows.

• MithileshNaikMithileshNaik USMember ✭✭
    edited March 2017

Font May not have been installed on the emulator? May be ?

• VelocityVelocity NZMember ✭✭✭

@JohnHardman said:
    @JonAlza - What FontFamily are you using, what version of Android, and as @ClintStLaurent asked, can you use those fonts in other apps on that device?

+1

Accepted Answer

Hello again, I have been busy doing another things but I am developing with Xamarin again. I have installed another Android emulator, in this case 5.0 Lollipop - API 21, and I can these 3 languages in Settings>Language & input>Language. So the emulator was the reason of this problem. Thank you all for trying to help me.