Recertification cost?

Hi,

I'm toying with the idea of signing up to Xamarin University. I understand that once I've passed the exam, certification lasts for 12 months. I've also read that you need to have an active Xamarin University subscription to keep your certification (in addition to passing a shorter exam each year). Does this mean that I would have to pay $999 each year to keep the certification?

Thanks for any help

Answers

• SamirAdadowSamirAdadow USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

Hi Daniel,

Great to hear that you are considering Xamarin University!

Once you have completed the 20 class certification track, test and are Xamarin Certified, your certification status will last for 12 months. In this time you have unlimited access to take any of the additional 60+ classes that we offer. If you take 6 additional classes, either live or through our Self-Guided Learning, making sure to focus on any new or updated certification classes, you will be eligible to maintain your certification. You will also need to have an active Xamarin University subscription at the time of your certification anniversary date ($999 annually).

The reason we ask all developers to have an active subscription and to continue taking classes is because mobile development changes incredibly rapidly. We want to ensure that all of our Xamarin Certified developers are up to date with their skills and knowledge.

Make sure to check out our newly updated certification page at : https://university.xamarin.com/content/certification and please don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] with any additional questions you may have.

• MohammedAjroudiMohammedAjroudi USMember ✭✭

I agree with @CaptainXamtastic Xamarin University shouldn't be requisite in the recertification, i live in morocco and the price is not suited for me, i may be able to pay 999$ for the first year but not every year, and GBP £20 for recertification would be more than enough to pay every year for recertification.