Intellisense stops working after 5 views are created

ajoharajohar INMember ✭✭

Hey guys, now I've searched all over the web but there isn't an answer to this. Intellisense on my project has stopped working, and I've tried everything - deleted the obj and bin, enabled Xaml forms, have my schemas in place, have cleaned the project and restarted and rebooted many times.

After 5 views are created in my android project, Intellisense stops working. It still works for the xml files, but not on the c# ones. I just need a clarification from Xamarin, that is this something the free version has come bundled with? Why does it stop working like this? This seems to be a common problem and there really is no solution to it online. Can Xamarin please clear this issue? Does anybody have the right answer?

Answers

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@ajohar,

This is definitely not a limitation of any licensing. It sounds like a bug. Would you file an issue on bugzilla with all the details discussed in the writing guide? Thanks!

• ajoharajohar INMember ✭✭

I've tried to debug for the past couple of hours. I still haven't found a solution. Have raised a bug, but I suspect this is something very specific for certain project types.

Downgrading Xamarin for the time being. Can anybody tell me the best version they have worked with so far?