Custom Project Template is not displaying in XS

Hi
I have created Custom Project Template using AddIn -Maker. I could see the project template when i run the application. But the template is not displaying when i open a new solution in XS. I have followed this forum and created package https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/3712/project-templates. After creating package, i have installed the package Addins->Install from File-> Package.mpack. Need help on this

Answers

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

Any errors/warnings in the IDE log? (Help - Open Directory).

What does your .addin.xml file look like?

Does your .mpack include the file template?

• MoorthyvMoorthyv USMember

Thanks for your reply @mattward . My .addin.xml is very simple.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ExtensionModel> <Runtime> </Runtime> <Extension path="/MonoDevelop/Ide/ProjectTemplateCategories/other/net"> <Category id="mvctemp" name="MVC Pattern" /> </Extension> <Extension path="/MonoDevelop/Ide/ProjectTemplates"> <ProjectTemplate id="mvcsolution" file="MVCTemplate.xpt.xml" /> </Extension> </ExtensionModel>

Also I have not create/ include file template in .mpack. It has only the .dll file.

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai
    edited February 2017

The ProjectTemplate definition you have in your .addin.xml file means the MVCTemplate.xpt.xml file needs to be included in the .mpack. That is why it is not being displayed in the new project dialog. You need to indicate that your template file should be included in the .mpack so the Runtime section in your addin.xml file should look like:

<Runtime>
        <Import file="MVCTemplate.xpt.xml" />
       </Runtime>

Another alternative is to embed the file template as a resource in the project. This alternative is slightly more work.

<Extension path = "/MonoDevelop/Ide/ProjectTemplates">
        <ProjectTemplate id="mvcsolution" resource ="MVCTemplate.xpt.xml" />
    </Extension>

Then you would need to set the MVCTemplate.xpt.xml file's BuildAction to EmbeddedResource by right clicking the file. You would also need to ensure the resource used matches by opening the Properties window for the file and setting Resource ID to exactly match the name used in the resource attribute, in this example above: MVCTemplate.xpt.xml