Unable to add theme

I am trying to follow the instructions to add themes, but unable to find NuGet package Xamarin.Forms.Theme.Base or Xamarin.Forms.Theme.Dark. Could anyone offer a tip on this?

Best Answer

Answers

• hz10hz10 USMember ✭✭

Thank you. I missed that part completely.
    I have installed the packages per your tip.

• MarkZhukovskyMarkZhukovsky USMember ✭✭

I'm attempting to add the pre-release Xamarin.Forms.Theme.Base nuget package to my .NET Standard 2.0 shared library and get a KeyNotFoundException - anyone else run into this?

• MarkZhukovskyMarkZhukovsky USMember ✭✭

Welp, that was a nightmare. Note, using VS2017 enterprise, latest ver 15.4.3 -

This cryptic KeyNotFoundException error when trying to add the Xamarin Themes nuget was not at all related to the package itself, but rather, the fact that I renamed the PROJECT name for my shared library to end in .Core without bothering to rename the assembly, since that's a head-ache filled with replace alls. But, I had to do that, in order to be able to finally add the nugets I wanted. See https://github.com/NuGet/Home/issues/6020

Also note when you add this themes package at this time you will be upgraded to a pre-release Xamarin.Forms ver first (2.5.0.19271-pre2 as of now) which allows it to add Xamarin.Forms.Pages which Xamarin.Forms.Theme.* relies on....