Can i run do development on a Virtual Machine with emulator running on Nested Virtualization.

Hi,

I am trying to do full Xamarin setup on Virtual Machine hosted on Azure so that we can share the code between multiple developers, but i am not able to run Emulator on the VM, every time it through an error that "Failed to start the virtual machine 'test' because one of the Hyper-V components is not running."

Is it possible to run emulator with Nested Virtualization, can anyone help me with this, any lead to it is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Answers

• Gigex42Gigex42 USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Hyper-V should work within a Hyper-V machine. Did you activate/install on the Hyper-V machine?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh846766(v=ws.11).aspx

• SAURAV_GAYAWARSAURAV_GAYAWAR USMember
    edited February 2017

Hi Daniel,

I have already tried above but each time i get the error on running VM as below

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@sauravgayawar - if the intention is to share source code, why not just put TFS or Github in the cloud, and have everything else installed locally?

Or is the intention to create a development image that contains all of the development environment that the developers are likely to want? (in my experience, providing a standard image to developers rarely satisfies their needs - in most large companies I have worked for/with, there are standard images for the business people, but developers set up their own as they require more flexibility, some of which cannot be predicted).