Xamarin.Forms 2.3.4.221-pre6

• David.RettenbacherDavid.Rettenbacher ✭✭ ATMember ✭✭

@DavidOrtinau
    I just checked the dll in the 2.3.4.211-pre3 nuget-package - this dll doesn't contain the pull-request https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/pull/725
    (checked with dotpeek)

Same observation like @Rafa.

It seems you published a wrong dll in the package!

• rmarinhormarinho Xamurai PTMember, Insider, Beta Xamurai
    edited March 2017

hey @Rafa and @David.Rettenbacher thanks , seems we missed cherry pick the commits from master, sorry.
    working on pre4 with those fixes.

Ok we just pushed pre4, should have the missing commits. Sorry once again.

• David.RettenbacherDavid.Rettenbacher ✭✭ ATMember ✭✭

@rmarinho
    Thanks, pre4 has the bugfix in it! :)

• FredyWengerFredyWenger ✭✭✭✭✭ CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

@DavidOrtinau
    I can't see any information's to 2.3.4.212-pre4 under the link to pre4..?

• predalphapredalpha ✭✭ FRMember ✭✭

Thnak you MergedWith now works on app level. Happy theming ;)

• BrightLeeBrightLee ✭✭✭ KRMember ✭✭✭

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=51536

I can't find the note on release note saying this bug is fixed.
    Many people may think this bug is serious.
    It ruins every UI on ListView.

Please check it and hope it's included on the next.

• PaulDiPietroPaulDiPietro Xamurai USXamarin Team Xamurai

@BrightLee There is an open PR for that bug.

Thanks @PaulDiPietro and @SamanthaHouts , @VitalyKnyazev

Looking the process is fantastic.

• MarkGarciaMarkGarcia USMember

There is a breaking error on Android with the CarouselView with 2.3.4.212-pre4. on the upside, the opacity issue is fixed!

Time Device Name Type PID Tag Message 03-12 19:11:19.142 5.5" Marshmallow (6.0.0) XXHDPI Phone Error 5677 AndroidRuntime --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x0000c] in <2b600c964e7e4311aabc95ee34a8aa98>:0 at Java.Interop.JniEnvironment+InstanceMethods.CallNonvirtualVoidMethod (Java.Interop.JniObjectReference instance, Java.Interop.JniObjectReference type, Java.Interop.JniMethodInfo method, Java.Interop.JniArgumentValue* args) [0x000a7] in <dd3713ef7f1a46dfbffbab36a35c89e8>:0 at Java.Interop.JniPeerMembers+JniInstanceMethods.InvokeNonvirtualVoidMethod (System.String encodedMember, Java.Interop.IJavaPeerable self, Java.Interop.JniArgumentValue* parameters) [0x00020] in <dd3713ef7f1a46dfbffbab36a35c89e8>:0 at Android.Views.ViewGroup.Layout (System.Int32 l, System.Int32 t, System.Int32 r, System.Int32 b) [0x0005f] in <905597eeb33c4c5090d50bf2166777b7>:0 at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.ViewRenderer`2[TView,TNativeView].OnLayout (System.Boolean changed, System.Int32 l, System.Int32 t, System.Int32 r, System.Int32 b) [0x00059] in <c446677c81524a0dbb8a7609a30be752>:0 at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.CarouselViewRenderer.OnLayout (System.Boolean changed, System.Int32 left, System.Int32 top, System.Int32 right, System.Int32 bottom) [0x00017] in <98ef4d3d8b214c838f1b190032afb88a>:0 at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.FormsViewGroup.n_OnLayout_ZIIII (System.IntPtr jnienv, System.IntPtr native__this, System.Boolean p0, System.Int32 p1, System.Int32 p2, System.Int32 p3, System.Int32 p4) [0x00008] in <77b7e6f748c645c4adac78f920bf79b5>:0 at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object:fc5772e1-bebb-4a8b-9920-97c541a2e399 (intptr,intptr,bool,int,int,int,int)

• JimmyGarridoJimmyGarrido Xamurai USXamarin Team Xamurai

@MarkGarcia Can you file a bug report on Bugzilla for the issue and include a repro project so we can test it? Thanks!

• NMackayNMackay mod GBInsider, University mod
    edited March 2017

@DavidOrtinau @JimmyGarrido @SamanthaHouts

Toolbar items are still not appearing in pre4 in UWP...seriously. If you use masterdetail and push a contentpage to the Detail wrapped in a navigation page you get no toolbar items. This works fine in 2.3.3.193.

Unfortunately stable has a bug which was fixed in 2.3.4 pre2 with regards to showing a toolbar in a modal navigation page in UWP so we need 2.3.4.

This issue is holding us back seriously now as we can't sign of on the design of the new app as I can't show a toolbar button in UWP. Lost three weeks with this issue.

• NMackayNMackay mod GBInsider, University mod

@DavidOrtinau @JimmyGarrido @SamanthaHouts

I can confirm the UWP toolbar issues are now resolved in 2.3.4 pre4, I had to remove my nugets from the solutions and add each one manually again for whatever reason but all the navigation/toolbar scenarios work correctly in UWP now.

Great job. We can sign of our new app design now.

Thanks.

• MiguelCervantesMiguelCervantes ✭✭✭ MXMember ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

I'm having issues with Android and TabbedPage, it executes OnAppearing of the Tab N and N-1

@MiguelCervantes I believe this is a known issue unless you're referring to some kind of regression.

edited March 2017

@PaulDiPietro is this one the reported bug? Because I can't find something similar. If not I would appreciate if you tell me to keep up with it.

In fact I'm using FormsAppCompatActivity

@MiguelCervantes I believe it's this which was a duplicate (its title explicitly refers to OnAppearing which is why I linked that one). There is a rather old PR open for it, but needed to be reviewed more closely and the fix was admittedly a bit hacky to at least get a handle on it. This issue has cropped up a couple times though as evidenced by the duplicates, so assuming this is the same thing, it's something we're aware of and I'll see if we can't get it taken care of soon.

• EmmanuelVazquezEmmanuelVazquez ✭✭ USMember ✭✭
    edited March 2017

I get a System.DivideByZeroException with an Android renderer. Upgraded from 2.3.4-pre2. Reported it here. Anyone else?

@PaulDiPietro awesome! thanks a lot, I couldn't find that one!

edited March 2017

@DavidOrtinau @rmarinho

After I updated to XF 2.3.4-pre5

XF/iOS's Global Tint color does not effect to DisplayAlert nor DisplayActionSheet.
    So, my text color of DisplayAlert and DisplayActionSheet is set as blue color (which is default tint color).

It worked fine on XF2.3.3 with same Xamarin.iOS version which is latest.(Version: 10.4.0.123)

below code is my code that changes global tint color in AppDelegate.cs

LoadApplication (new App ());

bool result = base.FinishedLaunching(app, options);

UIApplication.SharedApplication.KeyWindow.TintColor = AppConstants.GlobalColor.ToUIColor();

This does not work either.

UIAlertView.Appearance.TintColor = mycolor;
                UIActionSheet.Appearance.TintColor = mycolor;

edited March 2017

After update 2.3.4-pre5

XF/iOS bug.

in iOS/PageRenderer's

public override void ViewWillDisappear (bool animated)

is not called when I change App.MainPage on forms.

This causes many problems because we do unregister observers in ViewWillDisappear.
    If this renderer method's not called, there is no way to unregister observer.

It worked fine on XF 2.3.3.193

• DirkWilhelmDirkWilhelm ✭✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

my code works up till 2.3.3.193, but on all 2.3.4.*-pre i get this error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    03-15 11:27:04.027 I/MonoDroid( 4062):   at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.PlatformConfigurationExtensions.OnThisPlatform[T] (T element) [0x00000] in C:\BuildAgent3\work\ca3766cfc22354a1\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\PlatformConfigurationExtensions.cs:8 
    03-15 11:27:04.027 I/MonoDroid( 4062):   at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android.FormsAppCompatActivity.OnResume () [0x00006] in C:\BuildAgent3\work\ca3766cfc22354a1\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Android\AppCompat\FormsAppCompatActivity.cs:235 
    03-15 11:27:04.027 I/MonoDroid( 4062):   at Android.App.Activity.n_OnResume (System.IntPtr jnienv, System.IntPtr native__this) [0x00009] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4009/3a62f1ea/source/monodroid/src/Mono.Android/platforms/android-25/src/generated/Android.App.Activity.cs:4191 
    03-15 11:27:04.027 I/MonoDroid( 4062):   at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object:57ad5cb5-0cfb-4b5c-9066-feac82d998a9 (intptr,intptr)

@BrightLee @DirkWilhelm can you fill in a Bugzilla so we can track these down, a reproduction would be great.

Thanks.

• DirkWilhelmDirkWilhelm ✭✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭✭

@rmarinho

My problem is solved. In a previous version i had a problem like in ths thread: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/74176/system-nullreferenceexception-when-resuming-app-in-android-5-1

The fix in there with adding 'await Task.Delay(10)' helped, but i not only added it to my OnResume but also to my OnCreate. And the delay in the OnCreate now seems to be the root for my problem i posted in my previous comment.

I filed it on the bugzilla.
    (XF/iOS) PageRenderer of ContentPage is in a TabbedPage's Disappear() method is not called when I change App.MainPage.

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=53351

edited March 2017

@rmarinho

I filed another one on the bugzilla.
    XF/iOS's Global Tint color does not effect to DisplayAlert nor DisplayActionSheet.

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=53352

• MichaelRumplerMichaelRumpler ✭✭✭✭✭ ATMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Bug 52620 is still not fixed in pre5. This breaks the MasterDetailPage on iPads - so I guess it is pretty important, isn't it?

• PhilippSumiPhilippSumi ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

I just upgraded from pre2 to pre5 and deployed to Android. I have no idea what just happened, but this is so screwed up I don't even know where to begin with debugging: there's basically ... nothing. The UI is there, sort of, but all it renders is an empty card (from a listview), but neither contents of the card, nor the button that is docked at the bottom. Any hints on what changes could cause something that severe?

As a comparison, the same code deployed to iOS before the upgrade:

• AdrianKnightAdrianKnight ✭✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭✭

@PhilippSumi Update to pre3. Does the issue exist there? What about pre4? You should narrow down the search area. Perhaps you lost your binding context on Android. You should probably submit a bug with a minimal repro for the dev team to investigate.

@PhilippSumi
    Thanks for posting your problems here...
    Fortunately, I have "frozen" my .forms to a (very) old version and don't have to update right now.
    If I read all the postings (no only yours) after simply every update, my hope for a "sometime" stable .forms (and professional processes at Xamarin) dies more and more...!
    I can feel with you...

@FredyWenger
    I do understand your feeling.
    But this is not the channel for a stable release.

If we can't discuss here the bugs of pre release, a future stable release would be worse.

@PhilippSumi We unfortunately really can't do a lot without reproductions as screenshots can only tell us so much. I'd suggest making sure to do the usual clean and rebuild and wipe the bin/obj folders just to see if something odd occurred, if you haven't done so already. If it's still happening, please post here and/or send me a PM and we can figure out what's going on.

@FredyWenger: As @BrightLee alluded to, the purpose of prereleases (and these threads in general) is to hopefully find and iron out these sorts of issues that can occur. With the community's assistance we can find and resolve potential regressions before we go to stable, and we appreciate everyone's efforts in doing that. If you have any specific, Forms-related concerns to discuss which do not correspond to the prerelease, please feel free to raise them with me or @DavidOrtinau via PM.

First, this is pre-5 (not pre-1).
    Second, I work since years now with .forms and never ever had a release without problems (not matter if pre- or "stable", ... but you are right, the pre- are worse then the "stable").
    But I' tired to discuss the same story since years now...
    So simply think, that my two posting here would not exist :sunglasses:

edited March 2017

@AdrianKnight, @PaulDiPietro

Ok, I think I'm a step closer. I reverted to pre2 (working), then upgraded to pre3, which already broke my UI.
    My view's contents were wrapped in a custom control that I use to display overlays. (What I saw on the screenshot above actually wasn't an empty content card of my page, but an empty overlay dialog.) Once I removed that wrapper control, the contents were rendered again. I reduced the control template to this as a repro:

<ControlTemplate x:Key="OverlayContainerTemplate">
                <StackLayout>
                    <!-- this should render the contents of my wrapper control -->
                    <ContentPresenter  />
                </StackLayout>
            </ControlTemplate>

And this results in just an empty screen, because the ContentPresenter didn't render anything. Does that make sense with regards to the changes between pre2 / pre3?

Thanks,
    Philipp

Another issue: If my page contains a CarouselView, the app crashes hard, too. This also used to work on pre2.

Xamarin caused by: android.runtime.JavaProxyThrowable: System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
    Xamarin.Forms.Platform.CarouselViewRenderer.VirtualLayoutManager.GetPosition(int itemCount, int positionOrigin, int x, bool exclusive)<98ef4d3d8b214c838f1b190032afb88a>:0
    Xamarin.Forms.Platform.CarouselViewRenderer.VirtualLayoutManager.GetPositions(int positionOrigin, int itemCount, Rectangle viewport)<98ef4d3d8b214c838f1b190032afb88a>:0
    Xamarin.Forms.Platform.PhysicalLayoutManager.OnLayoutChildren(RecyclerView.Recycler recycler, RecyclerView.State state)<98ef4d3d8b214c838f1b190032afb88a>:0
    Android.Support.V7.Widget.RecyclerView.LayoutManager.n_OnLayoutChildren_Landroid_support_v7_widget_RecyclerView_Recycler_Landroid_support_v7_widget_RecyclerView_State_(IntPtr jnienv, IntPtr native__this, IntPtr native_recycler, IntPtr native_state)<62f1973e22584368bc73846a0798f0bd>:0
    at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object:7ce69b0c-299c-4729-9d79-93780c44dcbd (intptr,intptr,intptr,intptr)
    md56987f6cc1cad2bad7d1513f02edd2700.PhysicalLayoutManager.n_onLayoutChildren(Native Method)
    md56987f6cc1cad2bad7d1513f02edd2700.PhysicalLayoutManager.onLayoutChildren()PhysicalLayoutManager.java:149
    android.support.v7.widget.RecyclerView.dispatchLayoutStep2()RecyclerView.java:3506
    android.support.v7.widget.RecyclerView.dispatchLayout()RecyclerView.java:3254
    android.support.v7.widget.RecyclerView.onLayout()RecyclerView.java:3767
    android.view.View.layout()View.java:17945
    android.view.ViewGroup.layout()ViewGroup.java:5812
    md56987f6cc1cad2bad7d1513f02edd2700.CarouselViewRenderer.n_onLayout(Native Method)
    md56987f6cc1cad2bad7d1513f02edd2700.CarouselViewRenderer.onLayout()CarouselViewRenderer.java:45

Regarding the note from @AdrianKnight - my bindings seem to be working (the button on my UI correctly invokes the command in the view model), but I wonder whether something underneath changed, and that also screwed with the rendering in my control template (my original issue).

• AdrianKnightAdrianKnight ✭✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017

@PhilippSumi There are several changes affecting Android on pre3 (all the way down to March 1st commit). Were you using triggers or effects? Also, I do not understand the XamlC changes, but they might be causing an issue for you as well. If you look at commit history, there are other changes there as well. Again, I suggest that you submit a bug with your reproduction. It should get resolved quickly before stable.

P.S. I also suspect that 785 might have caused the issue. @EZHart

@AdrianKnight, @PaulDiPietro

Bug filed: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=53381
    This is affecting both Android and iOS, btw. I just published an iOS screenshot because I didn't deploy there after the update. Once I did, I ended up with a blank UI there, too.

• EZHartEZHart Xamurai USXamarin Team Xamurai

@PhilippSumi Did you create a Bugzilla case for the CarouselView issue?