iOS Tutorial: Issues with "MessagingRemoteException" and "DetectSigningIdentity" upon project build

TrevorYokumTrevorYokum USMember ✭✭

I am currently going through the first steps of getting started with Xamarin in the iOS arena, and I'm trying to get the communication between my Mac Agent and my computer to go through. The Mac Agent is working and connected because it runs the Broker, the Agents, and the Design Agent and then says "connected with Full Support."

I discovered that it was necessary to create code signing certificates on my Mac Agent after I first attempted to build the "Phoneword" project, so I downloaded the newest version of Xcode and created the Signing Identities for iOS Development and Mac Development.

Now, when I attempt to build/rebuild the solution, I get this error:

MessagingRemoteException: An error occured on client Build42211 while executing a reply for topic xvs/Build/4.2.2.11/execute-task/Phoneword_iOS_SingleView/906a7fc%2FDetectSigningIdentity
DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory '/Users/RANDY/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles' not found.

Coupled with these warnings:

An error occured on client Build42211 while executing a reply for topic xvs/Build/4.2.2.11/execute-task/Phoneword_iOS_SingleView/906a7fc%2FDetectSigningIdentity at Xamarin.Messaging.Client.MessagingClient.<PostAsync>d_23``2.MoveNext() in C:\data\lanes\3513\00fa5cc4\source\xamarinvs\src\Messaging

An error occured on the receiver while executing a post for topic xvs/Build/4.2.2.11/execute-task/Phoneword_iOS_SingleView/906a7fc%2FDetectSigningIdentity and client build 4348

I created my Signing Identities, my Mac is running on Sierra, and the Mac Agent is connecting with "Full Support," so what am I doing wrong?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

• JacobHamblinJacobHamblin USMember

I just ran into this exact same issue today, still working on getting around this.

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai
    edited January 2017

@TrevorYokum @JacobHamblin

You did not say that you created any provisioning profile. Please follow this guide on provisioning to create a provisioning profile. This will create the Provisioning Profiles directory and add the profile you created to it.

Let me know what you find. Use @JGoldberger in your response so I get notified when you respond. Thanks!

• skynodeskynode NGMember
    edited March 2017

I've had variations of this problem myself but I noticed that if I set the debug mode while building my abc.iOS project to iPhoneSimulator and select an accompanying iOS simulator device such as iPhone 5s iOS 10.2, I get no errors (probably some warnings) and the project gets to build successfully.

I think you can do this initially while in dev mode until you're ready to start running real hardware compatibility tests on real devices. Then you could go with the $99 Apple Developer Program or the free provisioning program.

Happy iOS coding :)