Xamarin license expired..wat. Relogging doesn't help. What do I do?

bradleybertholdbradleyberthold USMember ✭✭

I thought the old license model was done away with after Microsoft bought?

I had an Enterprise license, and it looks like sometime between yesterday and today it expired.

I have Xamarin 3.11, Xamarin Android 5.1, Visual Studio 2015 Professional.

Wat do?

-Brad

Answers

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@bradleyberthold,

Sorry for the confusion! The latest information can be found on the Licensing Options page. Are you able to update to the latest tooling versions which will have the new licensing flow?

If you want to keep using the same 3.11 version, you should still be able to do that. What other issue are you having that is a result of the expired license? i.e. Is a build failing, etc?

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to move to a newer Xamarin to enable the new licensing model. See Xamarin for All. Ideally, you should upgrade to the latest stable release you can.

• bradleybertholdbradleyberthold USMember ✭✭

Hi John, yes I pretty much can't build, it will just spit out error saying it can't find a valid license.

I'm attempting to update to Visual Studio 2015 update 3 right now to see if I can get some better options and maybe into the new license model.

However, I know we used to have "Enterprise", so I don't know what "version" of Xamarin I'm going to end up with if I go the purely Visual Studio route now. I only have Visual Studio 2015 professional, not enterprise. Will I get some strange restrictions now?

• AshleyGazichAshleyGazich USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi Bradley! The Visual Studio comparison chart to find the edition that best meets your team's needs can be found here.

• bradleybertholdbradleyberthold USMember ✭✭
    edited January 2017

I was able to get everything working again by updating to VS 2015 update 3, and then using the built-in Xamarin licensing in VS instead of "logging on" to my previous Xamarin account