PCLStorage alternative?

It seems that PCLStorage is the only library that exists for cross-platform file access with Xamarin. Do you mean to tell me that NOBODY ELSE has written a similar library? I don't want to reinvent the wheel here, so any guidance would be appreciated.

I have been having issues with PCLStorage (it doesn't seem to properly close file handles), so I need to find an alternative and don't want to write my own if there are options.

Tagged:

Answers

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't say nobody else has written a similar library, but whenever someone asks about storage in a PCL, PCLStorage is what everyone recommends.

Given that you have full access to the source code, I would recommend you start with that and see if you can fix whatever problems you're having.

Having said all that, it is getting a bit long in the tooth. With .NET Standard, there may eventually be no need for this solution.

• JamieHoustonJamieHouston USMember ✭✭

I started porting to .net standard and may finish it up, so feel free to fork. Currently looking at alternatives and the only one I see if netstandard-storage which is re-written and doesn't include the async stuff. I'll evaluate either finishing mine, updating the one I found, or finding a new option.

• raV720raV720 PLMember ✭✭

So what was your final choice of storage library? What would you suggest?