Forum Xamarin.iOS

Where do iOS Simulator screenshots go?

GVxGVx USMember ✭✭✭

I click the button to take a screenshot using the Windows iOS Simulator. Where do I now find the image on my PC ?

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    iOS simulator screenshots go onto the Mac desktop, I presume when using the remote simulator it does the same.
  • ComConComCon DEMember ✭✭

Try here: C:\Users{username}\Xamarin\iOS Simulator

• GVxGVx USMember ✭✭✭

Hey thanks for that however that directory does not exist on my Windows PC.

Also yes the screenshots on the Mac save to the desktop on the Mac however I still have no idea where the screenshots done on the Windows iOS Simulator saves it's screenshots.

So when i click the screenshot button on the Windows iOS Simulator does anyone know where the screenshots are saved?

Surely someone at Xamarin knows what that button does and where it saves the screenshot?? As there is absolutely no documentation/posts anywhere stating where it goes. Also I guess cos it is Enterprise then next to nobody is using it. ;)

• RodneykRodneyk USMember

Found mine in :

C:\Users{USERNAME}\OneDrive\Pictures\Xamarin\iOS Simulator

• abailieabailie Member ✭✭

@GVx said:
    Hey thanks for that however that directory does not exist on my Windows PC.

Also yes the screenshots on the Mac save to the desktop on the Mac however I still have no idea where the screenshots done on the Windows iOS Simulator saves it's screenshots.

So when i click the screenshot button on the Windows iOS Simulator does anyone know where the screenshots are saved?

Surely someone at Xamarin knows what that button does and where it saves the screenshot?? As there is absolutely no documentation/posts anywhere stating where it goes. Also I guess cos it is Enterprise then next to nobody is using it. ;)

For me, the Xamarin folder was hidden so the Pictures folder appeared empty. Adding the Xamarin directory manually at the end of the address bar brought it up and I could then see the iOS Simulator subdirectory.

• rparralesrparrales Member

Confirmo que se guardan en C:\Users{USERNAME}\OneDrive\Pictures\Xamarin\iOS Simulator

Si Windows esta en español busca imágenes en la carpeta del usuario (pictures)