iOS debug deployment failing

I'm seeing an error after I try deploying my iOS build to a simulator on my mac machine (via Xamarin Mac Agent) which I remote in to

It built, deployed, executed, and the debugger attached successfully.
I terminated it.
The next time and all subsequent attempts, I get the following error. The app does not get deployed (it is not present on the simular)

Launching 'App.iOS' on 'iPhone 6 iOS 10.2'...
Launch failed. The app 'App.iOS' could not be launched on 'iPhone 6 iOS 10.2'. Error: The post for client vs4064jwier on topic xvs/idb/4.2.1.64/launch-app has been cancelled. Please check the logs for more details.
The app has been terminated.

• imagineblueeyesimagineblueeyes USUniversity ✭✭

Did you get this solved? It just started happening to me today.

• PhilippSumiPhilippSumi USMember ✭✭✭

Just started happening here, too, pretty much out of the blue. Launching on actual phone:

Launch failed. The app 'Ridr.Client.iOS' could not be launched on 'Philipp's iPhone'. Error: The post for client vs22056Phili on topic xvs/idb/4.2.2.11/launch-app has been cancelled. Please check the logs for more details.
    The app has been terminated.

• JulianPasqueJulianPasque USMember ✭✭✭

Facing the same problem. Did anyone find a solution for this problem?

• LauraviatrixLauraviatrix USMember ✭✭

I just had this issue, the fix was to restart Visual Studio...

• TrevorYokumTrevorYokum USMember ✭✭

As Laura said above, that is a fix that helps me - this happens to me maybe once or twice a week, and I restart Visual Studio and the problem seems to be resolved. I would also suggest disconnecting and reconnecting to the Xamarin Mac Agent.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

Restart fix works for me, the VS IDE crashes on it's own 4-5 times a day so a restart isn't the end of the world :smiley:

• frankfitzgeraldfrankfitzgerald USMember ✭✭

First time happening to me right after I updated to the latest pre relese version of xamarin forms dll.

• RobHouweling.4203RobHouweling.4203 USMember ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Couldn't find if anyone posted a bug for this, so did it myself:
    https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=52359

• GiampaoloGabbaGiampaoloGabba USMember ✭✭✭

This started to happen very frequently with the latest version of Xamarin.IOS.
    I need to restart VS dozen and dozen of times every day. This is ridicolous....

They closed the bug without doing nothing :(

I feel that the day i will leave Xamarin for Flutter is coming near and is unavoidable.
    I love Xforms, c# and Xaml but the development tools are bugged as hell: every day i need to restart, delete bin and object, reconnect the mac ecc... multiple times. Its exhausting :(

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@GiampaoloGabba said:
    This started to happen very frequently with the latest version of Xamarin.IOS.
    I need to restart VS dozen and dozen of times every day. This is ridicolous....

They closed the bug without doing nothing :(

I feel that the day i will leave Xamarin for Flutter is coming near and is unavoidable.
    I love Xforms, c# and Xaml but the development tools are bugged as hell: every day i need to restart, delete bin and object, reconnect the mac ecc... multiple times. Its exhausting :(

Was that your bug report? They had asked if people were still experiencing the issue with the latest releases, no-one replied. The bug was open for 6 months and there were no replies, so they closed it. Those 6 months there were several releases. I don't think that is unreasonable.

Have you asked for help on the issues you are having? I have a similar environment to you, VS2017 to a Mac Mini in my case. Using MacBook Pro at home. I have not had the issues you describe, and if many people were there would be a LOT of noise on these forums. Is your Mac local on your network? Or remote/hosted/virtual? Lets see if we can get you up and running.