Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Forms

XF on Android: From a notification action, how can I start my app then navigate to a specific page?

I'm somewhat new to Android, so be gentle. I have a notification with an action "Accept" which launches a non-UI activity to process that the user has accepted something and navigate the user to a specific page like a dashboard. This is all fine and good when the app is running or in the background, but when the app isn't running and I tap "Accept" from the notification, the app looks like it tries to start but immediately crashes. My app does require authentication so I need some way to launch the application with "something" that will allow me, in code, to navigate to a specific page after authentication.

Being new to Android I realize I may or may not be taking the right approach on this. If anyone can point me to some docs, or some feature, or something it would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

Answers

• MarkErickson.91MarkErickson.91 USMember ✭✭

@ChaseFlorell Thanks! It does look like Prism would work. Do you have experience with Prism? Just curious what, if any, pitfalls I might encounter trying to replace my current navigation with Prism. Thanks again!