Cannot install NuGet package for System.Security.Cryptography.Algorithms 4.3.0'?

Hi,
I have seen similar question regarding installing other NuGet packages. But nothing for "System.Security.Cryptography.Algorithms 4.3.0", so please forgive me if this question seems repeated to you. I'm new to Xamarin, so I may ask questions that seem obvious to you.
I need the above mentioned package for PCL, and I know on .iOS, or .Droid projects, using 'System' namespace provides all the cryptography stuff you need, but I don't want to have repeated codes in those two projects. So I thought the best strategy would be to get the mentioned NuGet package, but it is not installed and gives me the following error:

Could not install package 'System.Security.Cryptography.Algorithms 4.3.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETPortable,Version=v4.6,Profile=Profile44', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.
p.s. I use Xamarin Studio on Mac

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• CloudWindMoonSunCloudWindMoonSun USMember ✭✭

@kentucker,

Thank you for confirming that 'System.Security.Cryptography.Algorithms 4.3.0' nuget package is not supported in PCLs.

However, Dependency Injection can be done via built-in DependencyService.Get<>() in this case. There is no complexity with it to use 3rd party packages (as sometimes they bring headaches with themselves).

• AmjadAli.0364AmjadAli.0364 USMember ✭✭

Hi i got an error while adding package

Package System.Security.Cryptography.OpenSsl 4.4.0 is not compatible with portable45-net45+win8+wpa81 (.NETPortable,Version=v4.5,Profile=Profile111). Package System.Security.Cryptography.OpenSsl 4.4.0 supports:
    - netcoreapp2.0 (.NETCoreApp,Version=v2.0)
    - netstandard1.6 (.NETStandard,Version=v1.6)
    - netstandard2.0 (.NETStandard,Version=v2.0)

can any one help me.

• AmjadAli.0364AmjadAli.0364 USMember ✭✭

Hi i got an error while adding package

Package System.Security.Cryptography.OpenSsl 4.4.0 is not compatible with portable45-net45+win8+wpa81 (.NETPortable,Version=v4.5,Profile=Profile111). Package System.Security.Cryptography.OpenSsl 4.4.0 supports:
    - netcoreapp2.0 (.NETCoreApp,Version=v2.0)
    - netstandard1.6 (.NETStandard,Version=v1.6)
    - netstandard2.0 (.NETStandard,Version=v2.0)

can any one help me.