Xamarin.Forms Feature Roadmap

1789101113»

• HopinHopin Member ✭✭

The Device.StartTimer seems to be missing features and in need of improvement, so I am using some AdvancedTimer for now but it's an old 2015 assembly. Perhaps we just need some additional abstractions put around the Device.StartTimer so it's easier to use.

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hopin said:
    The Device.StartTimer seems to be missing features and in need of improvement, so I am using some AdvancedTimer for now but it's an old 2015 assembly. Perhaps we just need some additional abstractions put around the Device.StartTimer so it's easier to use.

Device.StartTimer is there. i am using it currently and works perfectly fine

• IrongutIrongut Member ✭✭✭
    Are there rough expected release dates for XF 3.5 and 4.0? (I understand they may slip)

The next feature update to one of my apps uses Bindeable Layouts from 3.5 and I have plans for a major rewrite once 4.0 is released. I have been using the prereleases for development but regressions in 3.5pre3 mean I can't release anything until it is stable.
  • IrongutIrongut Member ✭✭✭

@Irongut said:
    Are there rough expected release dates for XF 3.5 and 4.0? (I understand they may slip)

v3.5 was released a few hours after I posted that question. Now that's what I call service! :D

1789101113»