Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

How can I setup Xamarin.Android Designer?

I am unable to setup Xamarin.Android Designer pretty well. In my previous version of Windows and Visual Studio the Xamarin Default designer view looked Fine, but after upgrading to VS2015 and Win10, My Designer doesn't seem to be very well, As it's control show differently on the designer and differently on my mobile phone. I am sharing two pictures of how it looks like on my phone and how it looks on Xamarin Designer.

In my Xamarin Designer:
http://prnt.sc/dosdh3

In my Mobile Phone:
http://prnt.sc/dose4f

Please assist me regarding this issue, Thank you!

Best Answer

• JamshaidKamranJamshaidKamran PKMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

After doing all sort of work arounds I finally Solved my Problem. What I did was downloaded the latest community version of Visual Studio 2015, and the Default Xamarin packages that were pre-installed in Visual Studio were not good for the health of my system. I just visited the Xamarin Site and downloaded the Xamarin components from there. and It installed other features plus the new Xamarin for VS2015, And now working it's fine on Xamarin Studio and on Visual Studio also!

After Updating

Answers

• prashantvcprashantvc USXamarin Team Xamurai

@JamshaidKamran Could you share the Main.axml? It will help us to investigate the issue

• JamshaidKamranJamshaidKamran PKMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

After doing all sort of work arounds I finally Solved my Problem. What I did was downloaded the latest community version of Visual Studio 2015, and the Default Xamarin packages that were pre-installed in Visual Studio were not good for the health of my system. I just visited the Xamarin Site and downloaded the Xamarin components from there. and It installed other features plus the new Xamarin for VS2015, And now working it's fine on Xamarin Studio and on Visual Studio also!

After Updating