forums.xamarin.com or stackoverflow?

AndreasBrostenAndreasBrosten USMember ✭✭

From the Point Xamarin was bought by Microsoft, I got the idea that stackoverflow was now "the place" to ask Xamarin related questions.
However, this forum still seems to be alive and kicking... or?
Is the plan to keep this forum, or let it slowly die?

If I have a Xamarin Forms related question, where is the best place to ask (the highest possibility of a good answer)? Here, or on StackOverflow?

Tagged:

Answers

• kentuckerkentucker USMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

I think either is fine. Microsoft has there own forums for .net and have not heard of any plans to shut them down

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Both are valid. Stack Overflow makes sense for a technical question where you can include code and specifics. If you want an open discussion with Xamarin community members, the forums might be a better place for that kind of conversation.

• FredyWengerFredyWenger CHInsider ✭✭✭✭✭

Before you post something on Stackoverflow, you have to think about exactly, what you post as there are many sheriffs out there which downvotes you posting in no time if they think, that your question is bad oder don't match exactly the "roules" of Stackoverflow (but therefore the quality is good).
    On the Xamarin forum, you don't have to fear any sheriffs, but the quality of the postings often is not so good.
    I recommend you to search in Google and add some key words like xamarin.forms or add the site-keyword like e.g.
    site:forums.xamarin.com popup