Stable Channel: Cycle 8 – Service Release 2

BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan ZagaeskiUS Xamurai

Please see https://releases.xamarin.com/stable-release-cycle-8-service-release-2 for the details about this release.

Bug reports wanted!

• Please file a quick bug report using the "Cycle 8" new bug form if you see any behavior that looks suspicious in these versions (and if it isn't clear whether one of the known issues in the release notes matches the problem).

• If you get any errors when using the form to submit, please select the All Products option and choose the desired product.
  • Comment in this forum thread if your question is not related to a suspicious behavior during or after installation, but instead one of the following:

• You notice an error in the Release Blog post.
    • You have trouble downloading one of the installer packages.

• JeremyKolbJeremyKolb Jeremy Kolb US ✭✭✭

What's the changelog for Android between this and the last stable? The release notes lump all changes in version 7.0.2 together.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski Brendan Zagaeski US Xamurai
    edited December 2016

Thanks for the heads up! I've sent a note to the team about getting the Xamarin.Android release notes updated. In the mean time I took a quick glance at the commits and it looks like there are 2 changes compared to Xamarin.Android 7.0.2.37 (C8SR1):

1. Fix Bug 39910 to improve certain cases where updating the Android Support Library packages can cause resource errors.

2. Update the internal Mono version used by Xamarin.Android from db69866 to cf24b9f.

• TilemahosBitsikasTilemahosBitsikas Tilemahos Bitsikas GR

Hi, I cant find entries for Xamarin Studio 6.1.4 and Xamarin Studio 6.1.5 at
    https://developer.xamarin.com/releases/studio/xamarin.studio_6.1/xamarin.studio_6.1/
    what are the bugs that those releases fix?
    thanks
    by the way it will be great to deliver bug fix 45116 earlier than 6.2.x that is announced, hopefully at a 6.1.x release

edited January 25

Thanks for the question! I have sent a note to the team about getting the Xamarin Studio release notes updated. In the mean time, I took a quick glance at the commits and wrote a short run-down of the changes:

This adds just the one bugfix mentioned in the corresponding Release Blog post:

• 40414 – Quick Search does not work

(Source code diff)

• Update Xamarin.Forms templates to Xamarin.Forms 2.3.3.180

• 51292 – Cannot open iOS Story board with Xcode 8.2

• 46338 and 51160 – F# completion bug

(Source code diff) (Note that the md-addins repository is non-public. The updates there were for Bug 51292 and the Xamarin.Forms template update.)

• NMackayNMackay Norman Mackay GB ✭✭✭✭✭

@BrendanZagaeski

Cycle8 (very latest stable) still randomly crashes VS2015 (5-6) times a day, sometimes instances of VS2015 not been actively used (I've had 4 open and seen them all crash). Compiling against UWP onto Win10 devices regularly crashes VS2015 in (debug) profile (10586). On average 10+ crashes a day. Latest Android SDK, latest iOS build host.

I can provide logs, windows logs etc if it helps....

I'd say go ahead and file a quick bug report using the "Cycle 8" new bug form including the crash logs and other appropriate details for that since it falls in the category of a "behavior that looks suspicious in these versions." If by chance you know that the issue still persists in Cycle 9 Xamarin and VS 2017 RC, that'll strengthen the bug report, so be sure to mention that in the bug report if you have by chance noticed it there too. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.