INSTALL_FAILED_UPDATE_INCOMPATIBLE

2»

• AbhayShiravantheAbhayShiravanthe INMember ✭✭

As mentioned by @MehulTheXammer , if none of the options mentioned above by others works, use adb command prompt to uninstall the package.
    > adb uninstall xyz.package.name

This will solve the issue.

• ExlordExlord USMember

I was having this problem with VS Android Emulator ,Removing the old Mono Runtime from the emulator solved it for me.
    settings->apps->uninstall

• ShantimohanElchuriShantimohanElchuri USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

My story:

I got this error on a device that had no issues earlier. Once I got to this thread tried the following:

1. I don't have my app's icon in the apps list.
    2. So I checked it in Settings -> General -> Apps and it is not there also, either the app name or the package name.
    3. Then I checked in the File Manager -> Android -> data -> my_package_name. Yes the folder is there but it contained no files. So deleted it.
    4. But all this was not useful.
    5. Then run the command **adb uninstall my_package_name**. But it was giving the error of multiple devices present.
    6. adb devices was listing my phone and another emulator (I swear it was not running).
    7. Then googled and got this [StackOverflow thread](http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14654718/how-to-use-adb-shell-when-multiple-devices-are-connected-fails-with-error-mor "StackOverflow thread") from which I got the clue.
    8. First I ran the command **adb -d uninstall my_package_name**.
    9. Then deployed my app to the phone without any issues.
  • Do factory reset and then try. i renamed package name then it is working fine, with old name not working. strange

• hemant.5326hemant.5326 USMember

@AbhayShiravanthe said:
    As mentioned by @MehulTheXammer , if none of the options mentioned above by others works, use adb command prompt to uninstall the package.
    > adb uninstall xyz.package.name

This will solve the issue.

Perfect solution ;)

• Arash.5424Arash.5424 USMember

@MehulTheXammer said:
    An alternate solution is to run the command i.e. adb uninstall com.theircompany.packagename from android command prompt located at below path:
    "AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\build-tools"

That one helped me.
    I appreciate your comment...

• oliveiravitor3oliveiravitor3 BRMember ✭✭

For me the error was inside the Project Options.

I set Support Architectures,

armeabi;
    armeabi-v7a;
    x86;
    x86_64

• oliveiravitor3oliveiravitor3 BRMember ✭✭

For me the error was inside the Project Options.

I set Support Architectures,

armeabi;
    armeabi-v7a;
    x86;
    x86_64

• TugbaSahinTugbaSahin USMember ✭✭

@softlion said:
    Delete your existing app. It will not be listed under applications with the display name nor have a launch icon. You will find it under Applications with its package name instead. It always is there. Uninstall the package and deploy your new version normally.

This is a very old "limitation".

Thanks

• Manisha97Manisha97 Member ✭✭
    edited January 3

I found the solution finally.

adb uninstall com.company.apppackage

You have to uninstall your old version of APK from your android device by using above command.

Thanks!