Forum Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Cannot UITest iOS app which also contains an app extension

Lewis_tLewis_t GBUniversity ✭✭

Is there any known problems running ui tests against an iOS application which also contain an app extension project or is there something else i need to do in order to get this to work?

If i remove the reference to my App extension project and remove it from the build configuration everything works correctly and i can run my uitests. However, If i leave the extension enabled i get the following error:

app: /SRC/Dev/M/Client/Device/iOSUniversal/applicationName.IOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/applicationNameIOS.app/PlugIns/applicationName.iOS.Today.appex
  identity: #<CodesignIdentity: - : AdHoc>
/SRC/Dev/M/Client/Device/iOSUniversal/applicationName.IOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/applicationNameIOS.app
/usr/bin/xcrun codesign -d --entitlements :- /SRC/Dev/M/Client/Device/iOSUniversal/applicationName.IOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/applicationNameIOS.app/PlugIns/applicationName.iOS.Today.appex
/usr/bin/xcrun codesign --verbose=4 --verify /SRC/Dev/M/Client/Device/iOSUniversal/applicationName.IOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/applicationNameIOS.app/applicationNameIOS

/SRC/Dev/M/Client/Device/iOSUniversal/applicationName.IOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/applicationNameIOS.app/PlugIns/applicationName.iOS.Today.appex
device UDID: 83BA8CEC-AE48-40B6-A5B2-35D8FDA84F23
Device UDID: 83BA8CEC-AE48-40B6-A5B2-35D8FDA84F23
ERROR: Error Domain=sh.calaba.iOSDeviceManger Code=5 "Code signing failed" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Code signing failed, NSLocalizedFailureReason=There was a problem code signing. Please check the logs.}
Path to bundle: /SRC/Dev/M/Client/Device/iOSUniversal/applicationName.IOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/applicationNameIOS.app
Could not extract entitlements from app:
with command:
-a,--app-bundle <path/to/app-bundle.app> Path .app bundle (for .ipas, unzip and look inside of 'Payload')
-c,--codesign-identity [OPTIONAL] Identity used to codesign app bundle [device only] DEFAULT=
-d,--device-id iOS Simulator GUID or 40-digit physical device ID
-u,--update-app [OPTIONAL] When true, will reinstall the app if the device contains an older version than the bundle specified DEFAULT=1
install
/SRC/Dev/M/Client/Device/iOSUniversal/applicationName.IOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/applicationNameIOS.app/applicationNameIOS: code object is not signed at all
/SRC/Dev/M/Client/Device/iOSUniversal/applicationName.IOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/applicationNameIOS.app/PlugIns/applicationName.iOS.Today.appex: code object is not signed at all
=== STDERR ===
=== STDERR ===
Could not find any Provisioning Profiles suitable for resigning
Could not resign app bundle at path:
Error resigning sim bundle