From last 6 months i am working on Xamarin Forms Application development, what i see is, Xamarin forms is Not a Good Option to create the app which has a large data like as 1000 - 5000 records, i Created an App with 5 Xaml Pages and bind it with the Data, here the data is Coming over the API's. So this is my measurement over the Xamarin Forms App Development,
- Xamarin forms is only good for those app which is only having View Logic i.e. Application is only to show data to users.
- It is also provide a faster development cycle then the Android/iOS application but the rest of the time will be taken to increase the Performance of app.
- As per my understanding Xamarin Forms is not good for App's which have large or any kind of heavy data processing like as 1000 - 5000+ records, you will suffer to get the performance of the app.
- It is also not good for the real time data transactions on mobile apps, for this kind of requirements prefer Native Environment ( Xamarin Android / iOS)
- UI Limitations is the biggest drawback of the Xamarin Forms, for each new UI feature you have to write custom renderers for it and it will take lot of time to appear on the screen.
- Xamarin forms not at all provide you the performance as you will get in Native, It is far away for Native app's performance.