Forum Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Android Project Cannot Run in Test Cloud

Hi fellow programmers,

I created a new android project that automatically includes the "HELLO WORLD, CLICK ME!" button. I have not make any changes to the application. Create an apk file using release.

Then I create UI Test App for testing in Test Cloud.

My UI Test App

[TestFixture]
public class Tests
{
    AndroidApp app;

[SetUp]
    public void BeforeEachTest()
    {
        // TODO: If the Android app being tested is included in the solution then open
        // the Unit Tests window, right click Test Apps, select Add App Project
        // and select the app projects that should be tested.
        app = ConfigureApp
            .Android
            // TODO: Update this path to point to your Android app and uncomment the
            // code if the app is not included in the solution.
            .ApkFile("/Users/DSM/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/MyAwesomeApp/MyAwesomeApp/bin/Release/MyAwesomeApp.MyAwesomeApp-Signed.apk")
            .StartApp();
    }

[Test]
    public void AppLaunches()
    {
        app.Screenshot("First screen.");
        app.Repl();
    }
}

When I right-click the UI Test App and click "Run in Test Cloud...", I got message saying "Nothing to upload. No Xamarin projects are referenced by the UITest project."

Please help me. I'm really stuck. I searched everywhere but nothing that I found can solve this problem. Please.

Thanks,
AA

Best Answer

Answers

• Glenn.WilsonGlenn.Wilson USXamarin Team Xamurai

@AziziAziz

Make sure you have the latest stable version of the Xamarin.UITest NuGet package and the VS or XS IDEs.

If you are running on Windows and the APK is not built in the same solution you must submit via the command line.
    https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/testcloud/uitest/working-with/submitting-tests-at-command-line/

Submitting from the command line is always an option.

Are you running on Windows or Mac and are you using Visual Studio or Xamarin Studio?

• AziziAzizAziziAziz USMember ✭✭

Hi @Glenn.Wilson

Thanks for your reply. I followed the link you gave me submitting it by using command line. Then I got this

I'm not sure whether it is an error or what, but after that nothing happens. What could I do wrong?

Btw, I'm using Visual Studio 2015 running on Windows 10 and I have already updated my Xamarin.UITest Nuget package to the latest stable version (2.0.4).

My android project and the test project are in the same solution. When I run locally, it successful but when I try to 'Run in Test Cloud', the same error occurs again which is 'ERROR: Nothing to upload. No Xamarin projects are referenced by the UITest project.'

I'm very new to UITest. Please guide me.

Million thanks,
    AziziAziz

• AnthonyMehallelAnthonyMehallel USMember ✭✭✭

Hi @AziziAziz ,

your path to the --assalbly-dir is : C:\Users\DSM\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\MyAswesomeAp\MyAswesomeApp\bin\Release

Anthony M.

Hi @kevinsalot ,

Thank you so much for your reply. It works! I just need to add my android project as reference in the UITest project.

Thank you so much!
    AziziAziz

Hi @AnthonyMehallel ,

Thank you so much for your reply. Appreciate it. Like what stated by @kevinsalot , I just need to add my android project as reference in the UITest project. Then, I can 'Run in Test Cloud' without any problem.

Anyway, thank you so much for the reply, :smiley:
    AziziAziz

• Hi,

I am getting the same issue, I don't know how to add my android project as reference in the UITest Project. Can anyone help me by giving exact steps for the same.

Also, the path to project is this (C:\Users\vidushi\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\UITest2\UITest2\bin) there is no release folder in the path.

Is there something i missed please let me know it would be great help for me.

Hi @VidushiMishra

What you need to do is create the UITest project in your android project.

Steps:
    1. Open your android project
    2. Click File -> Add -> New Project
    3. Then a window will popup, on the left side of the window, click Test
    4. Then, click "UI Test App (Xamarin.UITest | Android)" and change the name to anything you like
    5. Then, in your UITest project, right click on References -> Add Reference
    6. A window will popup, on the left side click Project
    7. Tick your android project, then click OK

That's it, you're good to go. Now you can run your UITest with your android app as reference.

Hope this helps.

• RaphaelAugustoSilvaRaphaelAugustoSilva USUniversity ✭✭

Hi @AziziAziz !

I've done what you told, but my question is: Do I need to implement the ConfigureApp.Android.ApkFile("PATH") ?

Because I want to teste my Xamarin.Droid App as reference, but I don't know if I really need to implemente the ".ApkFile" in this case.

Do you about it?

• Hi Every one,

How to pull UITest project to cloud when project does not contain android project [ Hence i am using outside app which is not developed in VS ]
    Please help

Appreciated for quick response.