No support.................

BillBanksBillBanks USMember ✭✭

After 3 dam weeks with no support from Xamarin and MS, I have 3 questions...............
https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/83631/visual-studio-wont-compile-my-app-on-my-mac#latest

1. Why no support?
  2. Does Xamarin even work and is it ready for pimetime?
  3. Other then Xamarin is there other Xcross programming platform?

4. Why no support?

• JimBennettJimBennett GBXamarin Team, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭✭

3 weeks with no support sounds bad. I assume you've opened a case with them via your support contact through your business or enterprise subscription?

Yes - Xamarin does work, and works well. It is ready for the primetime and many developers are having lots of success with it. It has its foibles, but then again so do writing iOS apps with Objective-C and Swift (provisioning profiles) or writing Android apps with Android (damn their SDK and out of date pro guard and broken multidex batch files).

• BillBanksBillBanks USMember ✭✭

I am not going pay for some $999 shit. Atlease Swift and Android SDK works. Xamarin dose not................. No support

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillyBanks, I am sorry you have been unable to get the Visual Studio integration working, be aware however that this is a peer support forum. Xamarin does respond to some messages so hopefully they will take a look to help you. Many developers have been quite successful setting up the VS integration so I dont know why you have been unable to. At least you can compile and run in Xamarin Studio on the mac (as you said in your other post), THAT is the killer feature of Xamarin after all.

• AlanClarkAlanClark USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@BillBanks Sorry you've not heard from us. I've responded to your other thread. I'll close this thread so we can continue there and keep everything in one place.

This discussion has been closed.