Xamarin support for Android Things

GuyProvostGuyProvost CAMember ✭✭✭

Google recently launched Android Things, will Xamarin supports this type of development ?

Best Answers

Answers

• josemmortegajosemmortega ESUniversity ✭✭✭

@GuyProvost Hi men, I talk before with a friend that started to "play" with this. And seems like a normal google device. I mean, there the same system. Although, he try to install a normal android application and application installed but can't running. Like have a ANR or something.

So, I think, this system can be treated like a normal Android device to deploy it.

But, I suppose you related about specifically libs about control sensors and things. I think all this things working correctly with a simple binding in library

• GuyProvostGuyProvost CAMember ✭✭✭

@josemmortega Thanks for the response! Well, I was wondering if was like a Android Wear or the like, what API level it supports, if it's plain like Android and how to access specific SDK for the sensors and the like!

Anyone here at Xamarin had a look on that ?

@AllanPead Thanks! I'll take a look during the holidays!

@AntonyRey.9710 said:
    Hi !

Just tried with a few of Xamarin.Forms apps i developed, and it works with no changes !

However, some pages with WebView are making my apps crash.

But for a first try, it sounds very promising, we just need to make a JAR -> C# binding for the Peripheral I/O Library if we want to use GPIO and other hardware aspects !

Have a nice day !

That part...

we just need to make a JAR -> C# binding for the Peripheral I/O Library... 

Not quite sure to grasp fully. Where can I find info/guide for doing this in Xamarin, C# bindings ?

• AlirezaNazaryAlirezaNazary USMember

Hi
    I have a Asus tinker board with android 6 can i use xamarin.android.things.0.5.1 for my gpio project
    when i want to install i have an error:

Install-Package : Could not install package 'Xamarin.Android.Things 0.5.1-devpreview'. You are trying
    to install this package into a project that targets 'MonoAndroid,Version=v6.0', but the package does
    not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework.

i think this lib not compatible with android 6

What is the solution to this problem!!!!!!?
    :# :# :# :# :# :#