Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Akavache bug when used with Azure Mobile Services Offline sync in Xamarin Forms app

I am using Azure Mobile services for mobile offline sync in Xamarin Forms app. I am also trying to use Akavache to store user specific settings and cache that is only to be saved on that device and doesn't need to be synced to cloud.

If used separately, my azure client works well, I get data synced no problems. Same for Akavache, when used without azure mobile sync, I can easily save and retrieve my local data. However, there is an issue when used together. As soon as I make a call to any azure client sync functions (i.e. pullasync or pushasync) and then try to use Akavache later in the app, it fails silently and application crashes. I am getting SIGSEGV error in my output with no stacktrace.

I have a feeling it is somehow related to Azure Client and Akavache using same static SQLite connection object or something similar. Any pointers here?

Answers

• PrasanjitBiswasPrasanjitBiswas USMember ✭✭

I'm also getting the same SIGSEGV error/ Im using akavache and ffimageloading that both uses Sqlite. Im not finding any solution on any forum yet

• Amar_BaitAmar_Bait DZMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

I don't know the answer, but I HIGHLY recommand evaluating Realm instead of the problematic SQLite. It's faster, safer, easier to use, implements LINQ natively (no need for an ORM), has great documentation and native. You can be up and running in (literally) 1 minute. I dropped SQLite as soon as I discovered Realm, and never been happier with data on mobile devices since!