Forum Xamarin.Android

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

NEED HELP - Problem run the application in the emulator

Help please, have been unable to find an answer.
When you start the emulator and the program (Single View Application for Android) for Xamarin, application (Single View Application for Android) opens and closes, and then hanging in the open (task manager) on this emulator. Or he wrote: Unfortunatly, has stopped. But when you click to open it does not want to: make an attempt and immediately closes. What's the trouble?
And another question: why, when I open the designer AXML interface, it is blurred for some reason. What to do?
I use Visual Studio Emulator for Android

Tagged:

• lukasrein97lukasrein97 USMember ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Fist of all i suggest you to use Genymotion Emulators.
    They are faster and better in all. :smiley:

Second did you set a min. and max SDK in your Android Manifest File?
    Third did you set the Java Max Heap Size to a Min of 1G? You can set it int the Propertiers -> Build Options -> Adwanced Tab i guess.

Also did you downloaded the Android API SDK whitch you set in your Android Manifest?
    Does it works on "Debug" or on "Release" mode?

I was having the same issue when I tried to build project in Release configuration in Visual Studio and run it on symulator. I found solution to fix it. Go to properties of Android project, then go to Android Options-> Advanced tab-> Supported architectures; and check all architectures' checkboxes.

if that doesnt work try to:
    Disabled "Shared Shared Runtime" in Android build options.

More Info pls!

• zvenzven RUMember
    edited December 2016

Installed Java Max Heap Size to a Min of 1G.
    I put support for the entire architecture.
    The checkbox Use Shared Runtime not help

Compile using Android-7.0
    Minimum Android - API Level 16
    Target Android - Use compile using SDK version

In debug simply open the app, it throws out.
    In Release write: Unfrotunately, has stopped.

ok then i suggest you this thread:
    https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/25780/unfortunately-app-name-has-stopped#latest
    its exactly your error. There are many solution you can try :smile:

• zvenzven RUMember

How to assemble quickly the APK file for a real phone? And then using the File menu -> archive did not work.
    On a real phone could not be established

Extras -> Android -> Release/Publish APK: With this Method you gain a APK whitch is signed with a Keystore.
    Or if you want a fast APK without signing you can rebuild your Project on Debug Mode and one in Release Mode and then in your folders of your Project in Debug und Release folders there are some APKs now.