Forum General

How do I turn off the Forum Notifications?

BenoitSansregretBenoitSansregret CAUniversity

Hi,

When I first started to use the forum, it was possible to have email notification from a selected list of Forums.
I wanted to stay informed on a couple of subjects to I selected a few of them.
Today, I no longer wish to receive those emails but the settings to set them has disappeared.
I tried to unchecked every settings in the Notifications preferences and I tried to Mute every forums but I still receive email notifications that I don't care about.

How do I stop receiving these unwanted emails?

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• BenoitSansregretBenoitSansregret CAUniversity

Has I have mentioned in my earlier post I have unchecked every options in the Notifications preferences and I still receive emails. See Attachment.

• JingletonJingleton DEForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader Xamurai

hi @BenoitSansregret

We are not able to recreate this error, seems like a Vanilla bug.

We will report the issue and let you know.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Thank you. I remember that in an earlier version of the forum, I was able to select the categories from which I wanted to get notifications. Maybe it's some old preferences that are bugging me.

Any news on that issue? I'am still getting about 30 emails a day and it's very annoying.

Thank you

• GuyProvostGuyProvost CAMember ✭✭✭

@BenoitSansregret said:
    Any news on that issue? I'am still getting about 30 emails a day and it's very annoying.

Thank you

Stupid guess out of left field. Since it may be a client side bug... have you tried using a different browser to uncheck the checkboxes ?

Thank you for your suggestion @GuyProvost I tried with safari, Edge, Firefox and good old IE but I don't see any changes in the UI allowing me to remove more notifications. I also checked a few forums that I had muted and they are still marked as muted.

I'll see if unmuting and muting a forum with a different browser changes something.

• GuyProvostGuyProvost CAMember ✭✭✭

Cause sometime, the code that effectively toggles the input is done in javascript, hence the possibility that you think you have check or unchecked a checkbox isn't "sent" to the server!

Happens to me at times!

Hi @Jingleton, any news it has been almost three months now and I still receive emails from the forum.
    Can I do anything to help you find what is happening?
    Do you need me to forward you one of the emails I receive maybe the headers might help you find what is going on?

Thank you

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@BenoitSansregret,

I noticed that you have some Email notification settings enabled for Categories. Perhaps this is where those emails are coming from. To check this, go to your Preferences for your profile and verify the options selected under the "Category Notifications". You currently have 8 categories enabled to email you when there are new threads.

That's exactly what I'm looking for !!!
    Unfortunately I can't find them I am using Chrome 57
    And here is what I'm seeing in the notification Preferences

@JohnMiller
    Can you help find the options you are talking about. I remember setting them but I can't find them anymore.
    If it's easier for you maybe you can send a link to the page so I can modify my settings

Thank you