Is it possible to run Mobile Emulator 10 and Android Emulator (the new one on Intel Atom x86) on single configuration?
Here's what've done, step by step:
1. Install VS2015 with Xamarin. iOS, Windows Mobile worked. Android did not.
2. Installed Intel x86 Atom System for API 19. and Installed API 25
3. Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM installer)
4. Installed latest Java JDK (Xamarin didn’t install the latest version). I was still having issues...
5. I read requirements including... "In Windows, Hyper-V must be enabled and running.". I was running and didn't work.
6. I found thread devfish.net/post/2015/08/18/error-x86-emulation-currently-requires-hardware-acceleration-android-on-windows.aspx saying.. wait for it.. Turn Hyper-V off. Wow.
7. Ok, I did that by calling "bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off", rebooted... boom. It worked. Android Emulator fired on Intel Atom x86.
8. Just checked another platforms: iOS - worked. Windows Mobile Emulator 8 - worked!.. Mobile Emulator 10... didn't.
So, Is it even possible to run Mobile Emulator 10 and Android Emulator? having HAXM running and Hyper-V?
If anyone here works in environment like mine (I guess many of you guys). How did you set it up? Right now If I have to reboot my computer before switching from Android to Windows Mobile. Is this for real?
Thanks for help.
PS. My environment:
The Xamarin.Forms projects are in Visual Studio 2015 (with fully installed cross development "checkbox", including Android simulator), it's in Windows 10, which is installed in VMWare virtual machine. VMWare vm is installed on Macbook Pro with latest macOS Sierra. Virtual machine is connected with macOS via Xamarin Agent. On macOS I've installed XCode and Xamarin Studio (with Xamarin.Mac and Xamarin.iOS).