Forum General

How can i test my iOS Apps on Windows?

lukasrein97lukasrein97 USMember ✭✭✭

Hello,
i have a Question.
Do you guys know how i can develope and test Xamarin.iOS Apps on Windows Maschine?
I really dont have any clue how to handle that?
Any Emulators or something?

Cheers.

Best Answers

Answers

• MabroukMabrouk USMember ✭✭✭

Hi @lukasrein97 ,

Yes you can but you need to connect in a mac machine :)

• lukasrein97lukasrein97 USMember ✭✭✭

So if i dont have a MAC Maschine i cant?
    How about a VM with Mac? Or something?

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

You can use MacinCloud.

• GuyProvostGuyProvost CAMember ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

@lukasrein97 said:

@DaveHunt said:
    You can use MacinCloud.

Thanks this is a good Solution! And it doesnt cost much! Thanks

@GuyProvost
    I tried them all, and I bet there is surely someone here that tested something even more exotic.

Ok, yeah i tried Hackintosh, its a good free Solution! Sure a real MAC would be the best and i think as a Developer MAC is da real thing. But if you dont have so much money at the moment to afford one Hackingtosh or MacinCloud is the best.

cause developping on Android on the mac is a very nice experience also usiong Xamarin Studio.

So when you say "developping for Android on a Mac is a good experience with Xamarin Studio you mean i also can debug Android Applications on a MAC?

Absolutly, but the android device need to be connected to the mac.... hence the catch 22 that the Mac will come back haunting you ;-)

Just be sure to evaluate correctly, a Mac mini can be bought for around 800$. And it will be yours for the time it fits the bill. So you need to evaluate the downside of a cloud based solution and a hack to virtualize and not just the price itself! Buying the real thing has more value!

My advice is to just swallow the pill and get a physical mac. You'll end up wasting less time setting things up and more time learning. I tried a lots of thing to avoid buying it, and in the end wasted a lot of time and money!

See it as the admission price to play this game ?

Good luck!

• Hey, you can use TestProject framework (it’s free) that enables developing, recording and running iOS Appium tests on Windows without the need for Xcode! There’s a really easy step-by-step tutorial on the TestProject blog.