Xamarin - Adding custom entitlements.plist causes build error MessagingRemoteException

rakeshFrakeshF ✭✭USMember ✭✭

I am running on visual studio 2015. I have linked my visual studio to the mac. iOS 10.1. Xamarin forms 2.3.2.127 in visual studio.

I'm currently trying to fix a bug that was mentioned at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39487368/xamarin-auth-store-keychain-not-working-after-ios10-upgrade. When I try and add a custom entitlement as mentioned in the iOS Bundle Signing section, I now run into a build problem which states the message below. Soon as I remove the custom entitlement, it will build fine.

MessagingRemoteException: An error occured on client Build42164 while executing a reply for topic xvs/Build/4.2.1.64/execute-task/Snap.iOS/9bfff3a%2FDetectSigningIdentity DirectoryNotFoundException: Directory [DIRECTORY] not found.

Best Answer

Answers

• DaveHuntDaveHunt ✭✭✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a problem with your Entitlements.plist. Could you post the version that isn't working? Otherwise, all we can do is guess.

• rakeshFrakeshF ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

I have deleted the original entitlements file and added a blank new entitlements file. No changes made to the plist. The post I'm referring to did suggest that an empty plist file would do the trick.