Forum Xamarin.Android

Spinner in ProgressDialog not Showing on Material Design

Hi everyone,

I use this theme in my styles.xml.

<style name="AppTheme" parent="Theme.AppCompat.Light.NoActionBar"> <item name="colorPrimary">@color/Papla</item> <item name="colorAccent">@color/Papla</item> <item name="colorPrimaryDark">@color/darkerPapla</item> <item name="colorControlNormal">#FFFFFF</item> <item name="colorControlActivated">#FFFFFF</item> <item name="colorControlHighlight">#FFFFFF</item> <item name="android:windowNoTitle">true</item> <item name="android:windowActionBar">false</item> </style>

This is the Theme inside the "values-v21" folder.

I have a problem with newer Android versions. I can't see the Spinner inside a ProgressDialog.

Here is the implemented ProgressDialog:

ProgressDialog progress = new ProgressDialog(this); progress.Indeterminate = true; progress.SetProgressStyle(ProgressDialogStyle.Spinner); progress.SetMessage("Connecting..."); progress.SetCancelable(true); progress.Show();

I can see the "Connecting..." but no Spinner.
If I install it on a Device with Android 4.3(API 18) I can see the Spinner.

I really hope someone can help me!

Kind Regards!

Answers

• Lainio47Lainio47 USMember ✭✭

No one has an answer for this?

• AlexDunnAlexDunn USMember ✭✭✭

What devices have you tested on? Are transitions turned off in developer options on the device? This can cause certain animations from the system to not display. Unfortunately, that includes the progress dialog spinner.

Alternatively, you can roll your own dialog that just uses a spinner in the View.