Forum Xamarin Test Cloud (Read Only)
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Is it possible to export Xamarin UITest results?

Currently we are using Xamarin.UITest and NUnit to run around 250 automated tests on an iOS App. Is there any way to export a list of all the tests passed/failed to be used to build a report or is it only possible to view the results in Xamarin?

Answers

• AnthonyMehallelAnthonyMehallel USMember ✭✭✭

Hi @ScottMacLeod.2113 ,

Locally, in your folder UIProject/bin/Debug : nunit-console uiproject.dll -xml=reportxml.xml

In the cloud, you can add the parameter --nunit-xml fileName.

This parameter create an XML report (with nunit), and after with this file you can create a HTML Report.

Anthony M

• @AnthonyMehallel said:
    Hi @ScottMacLeod.2113 ,

Locally, in your folder UIProject/bin/Debug : nunit-console uiproject.dll -xml=reportxml.xml

In the cloud, you can add the parameter --nunit-xml fileName.

This parameter create an XML report (with nunit), and after with this file you can create a HTML Report.

Anthony M

Thanks for the reply @AnthonyMehallel

However, when I run the command I get this in return "Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Not run: 0, Time: 0.001 seconds" along with a file that does not contain any details of tests that have previously been run. Am I correct in saying that it is trying to run the tests at that point?

Essentially I am looking for something that, once I have run the tests in Xamarin, shows:

Test111 - Failed - Reason
    Test222 - Passed
    Test333 - Passed
    etc.

• mallibonemallibone USUniversity ✭✭

@ScottMacLeod.2113 could you provide how you invoke the testrun? If you are requesting the json file the tests run async and you will not get the xml in the end.

• KellySeemanKellySeeman USMember

@AnthonyMehallel Could you provide more detail in how you create the xml file? Is "UIProject/bin/Debug : nunit-console uiproject.dll -xml=reportxml.xml" a command-line command or is it a parameter set in the project somewhere? Sorry, I'm new to Xamarin.UiTests.

• AnthonyMehallelAnthonyMehallel USMember ✭✭✭

Hi @KellySeeman ,

with nunit-console, when you add the parameter "-xml" in your command line "nunit-console uiproject.dll -xml=reportxml.xml". A report XML is created in your dll path folder.

Anthony Mehallel.

• sandeepaaletisandeepaaleti INMember

Hi.. Using NUnit framework can we generate test reports for Android/IOS..? this is am asking without thinking about cloud.