Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

XCode 8.1 is broken

DanielWagnerDanielWagner BRMember ✭✭
edited November 2016 in Xamarin.iOS

I had a number of issues with XCode 8.1 which broke all my Xamarin iOS apps. The two older ones, where I used Xcode 7.3.1 to build the most recent version, had their storyboard layouts completely broken after compiling with iOS SDK 10.1/XCode 8.1. The most recent one, which I've build using XCode 8.0, was working normally. After upgrading to 8.1, Monotouch.Dialog's EntryElement wasn't raising the text changed event, rendering my editing views completely unusable.

I've managed to get my dev setup working again by installing iOS SDK v10.0 within XCode 8.1 to get EntryElement's "changed" event back, and XCode 7.3.1 with iOS SDK v9.3 to keep the layout of my older storyboards intact.

The autolayout features are broken in XCode 8.0/8.1, and the "fix" that Apple says it applied in 8.1 didn't work for me.

Thankfully these are all working side-by-side with a single Xamarin Studio / Xamarin iOS setup:

Xamarin Studio Community
Version 6.2 (build 1413)

Xamarin.iOS
Version: 10.0.1.8 (Xamarin Studio Community)
Hash: 3983064
Branch: cycle8-sr0-xi
Build date: 2016-09-23 15:34:54-0400

• Rob_FrancisRob_Francis USMember ✭✭

Agreed, Xcode 8 and 8.1 have completely wrecked the lot. Autolayouts are a complete mess and the interface builder... well that has just ground to a halt (It's that slow and unresponsive I wouldn't even call it lag). Currently at a loss as for what to do.